Chapter 22 - We Are

(Note: The final chapter is narrated in Bodi's POV, not in the usual third person that I used n this novel.)

2 Years after Chapter 21

Angus's Mansion, Bodi's Bedroom

(Song: "It's Time" by Imagine Dragons)

What is up, YouTube? This is your frontman, Bodi, speaking, here to talk about my journey from a village dog in a distant village to a rock star.

(Bodi was recording a personal vlog for the band's official YouTube channel)

Some may have known my story, but for the majority who hadn't known, it's story time.

As I mentioned, I had grown in a village on Snow Mountain where my Dad was a village chief and him... banned music in the village. Yes, that's a fact. After some wolves failed to conquer his village, he banned music so that he can train me to become the new village head and sheep protector. I know, it's silly, but he got reasons to. After all, I learnt the 'Fire' that some had already seen on some of our performances, so yeah, I owe it to Dad.

Anyway, 14 years after he banned music, I was able to listen to music from a classic antenna battery-powered radio from my uncle, who was my Dad's friend, resulting in my re-discovery of my music passion. From there, it went uphill.

I'll talk about my other stories about my village life another time, but after a series of events, my Dad reluctantly allows me to go to the big city, Mengcheng, so that I can explore what I wanted. On the very first day, I managed to accidently discover Mengcheng West Park, or Rock and Roll Park, as most jammers had called it as. I met up with Darma and Grem, who wasn't playing anything, and Trey, who at that time dislike me upon the first impression. We had our first of many riff-offs, in which he was mad that I was able to keep up with him. It was epic seeing him throwing a fit because someone was able to match his strumming.

After that, I moved into Darma's apartment the next day and trespass Angus's grand mansion. Needless to say, Angus called me a 'nutter', but once I proved my guitar playing skills, he invited me to his studio, where I record the very first song on our debut EP, 'All We Are'. I also realised that my 'Fire' playing as was due to generating energy from strumming my guitar. The rest, shall we say, is history.

Me, Darma and Grem wrote the next song 'Glorious', the second song in our EP. This was the first time the original 4 members of the band, me, Angus, Darma and Grem, record our performance for the first time, with the presence of our current manager, Ian. After the recording, we form our band officially, in which we came up with the band's name 'Rock Dog'. So, that's where our name comes from.

Trey only joined us two months after our formation, through the second riff-off at the park, in which I won. By then, we had already recorded the five songs for our EP, so we had to add in Trey's parts a week after that when Angus invited the remaining four of us to live inside his mansion. I felt in love with Darma too.