Chapter 8 - All We Are

Bodi rushed to the entrance of Angus's mansion, only for him to step on a trap and captures his left leg, leaving him upside down, just before a 'Welcome' map. While he attempted to break free, Angus got to the door that opens out to the garden maze, his left paw grasping a cold, comfortable glass of champagne from his robot butler.

He got to the intercom and started his interrogation on the trapped Mastiff.

Angus (A) (in a fake Female accent): Hello, this is Angus's mansion.

Bodi (B) (Heard Angus's voice): Hello, I'm looking for Angus Scattergood. Is he inside?

A: Unfortunately, Angus had gone out. Err... I'm his gardener speaking.

B (not falling for the trap): You're Angus, all along.

A: What do you mean? I'm his bleeping gardener.

B: No, you're not and that was because I saw you at the upper level! You were inside a room looking at me as I tried to bring in your attention. I saw you with my very own eyes!

A (thoughts): My, this nutter just wouldn't give up. Let's see if he stepped on that mat.

(Angus pressed a button that releases Bodi from the rope)

A (reverted back to his regular accent): Step on the mat.

B: What mat?

A: That mat that says 'Welcome', you plank!

(Bodi was about to step on the mat, when suddenly)

B: Wait a second, he instructing me to step on that mat? Remember what Dad says, never listen to strangers... Even if that stranger is a legendary Rock Star.

Bodi stopped short of stepping on the mat. He noticed a pebble beside him. He picked it up, walked to the side of the mat and dropped the pebble on the mat. Instantly...

BOING!

The booby trap element of the mat activates, and it springs the pebble away from the entrance, confirming Bodi's suspicion.

A: How on earth did he know that it was a trap all along? That was a lucky shot, but I won't even let you enter just yet.

B: Hey, Angus, I know why you don't want me in. You want to retire peacefully. The disbanding of the band and your imminent retirement, right?

(Bodi sit on the steps leading up to the entrance)

B: I'll show you what I got.

A: Prove it.

Bodi remembered a particular song Darma played to Bodi when teaching him how to use his new mobile phone. It was sung in another foreign language (Albanian) that he could not understand completely, but the melody of the song, which he remembered was uplifting and inspirational.

Popping in his earphones from the earphone pouch, he opened the Spotify app and find the song. Getting his guitar ready, he was ready to prove that at last, Bodi Lang, aged 18, has arrived.