Chapter 9 - Glorious

Bodi sat on the chair inside his room, reflecting on very fruitful progress towards becoming a musician. He took out his diary from the bookshelf and started penning down today's events.

Guess what? I finally found a home! To be specific, I didn't source it out, but two great friends who are also budding musicians got a great apartment not far from Rock and Roll park (which was a good ten minutes' walk from there). That was not all, I barged my way inside Angus Scattergood's mansion, something that was beyond rash and too risky to do, but my intuition and talent made a good impression.

I recorded one of my original songs from my songbook and I'm not so sure if I heard it right, but I overheard that Angus mentioned the word 'Wow'. Was he truly impressed by my performance?

Anyway, I got Angus's contact details, and he told me to keep in touch. Let's hope he contacts me soon.

Bodi kept the songbook back to its original place. He lied his body on the bed (he had taken a shower already and was already in night clothes), pondering his time so far (conclusion: unpredictable).

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8

After breakfast the next day, Bodi stayed at the apartment while Darma and Grem went back to school for morning lessons. He kept himself inside his room, modifying lyrics to some of his songs while he listened to more songs on his mobile phone, where his phone rang.

Bodi pressed the receive button on the inline control of the earphones, and a familiar voice came up.

Angus (A): Morning, Bodi!

Bodi (B): Mr Scattergood?

A: Haha Bodi, that's quite too formal and I don't like restriction, eh? Call me Angus, ok? That would be more comfortable for me.

B: Sure, Angus. What's up?

A: To go straight to the point, I sent yesterday's recording to my manager.

(Bodi stood up from his chair)

B: Your... your... manager?

A: Surprised? I took more time listening to the demo yesterday and I feel that you have potential, so I sent this to my manager, Ian. He's a local resident here and he owns a music label to boot. It's called Jungle Law Records, after the Law of the Jungle phrase used in a Rudyard Kipling poem.

B (shocked): Wait a second. You're usually jealous, someone that loves to show off. This type of behaviour was not your style!
A: Relax, I may be a jerk, when I see potential, I always take no chances at grabbing that potential to my side. Say, how 'bout I give you some guitar lessons for once? That's on me.

(Bodi's tail started to wag repeatedly)

B: Free lessons?

A: Yup.

(Bodi got excited over the prospect, but he felt a bit suspicious)

B: You sure about that?

A: I'm retired, and I got loads of money in my bank. There's no more money that I need. Shall we get started?

(Bodi thought for a while and realised that this was something he could not refuse)