Chapter 6

Skylar~

I wake up to the oh so annoying sound of an alarm clock going off near me. Groaning, I roll over and hit the snooze, lying there barely away on my bed. I am so not looking forward to this day. School is boring as hell. People, not so much. Plus for whatever stupid reason, I have to go see Mr. Collin Winters during part of lunch. Tsk. Why should the prisoner have to see the guard? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Grumbling about this, I move around my room half asleep as I start getting ready for the day. Pulling the school uniform on, I ruffle my hair tiredly. Dropping onto my bed, I pull on untied combat boots and grab my bag from underneath. Walking to my desk, I throw in a couple notes books along with the papers that I'd barely looked at. I toss my wallet and keys into my bag as well, closing that up and tossing it near the door.

Walking into my bathroom, I quickly brush my teeth and splash water onto my face to wake myself up some. Walking out, I pluck my leather jacket off from the desk chair and pull that on. I grab the dumb school tie and throw that around my neck, not bothering to tie it just yet. Satisfied I have everything I need, I snatch up my phone and a pen before walking out.

It takes me awhile, several wrong turns and a few random walk ins to other classrooms but I find the right classroom eventually. My sense of direction is terrible, but that might be because I haven't much of a clue where things were.

Darting in just before the bell rings, I flash the teacher a smile and wave. "Hiya, I'm new here." I greet as the teacher peers at me over a pair of glasses, not at all amused. "You must be Skylar," he greets with a sigh. "I'm Oliver James. Welcome."

Turning to his class, he claps his hands. "Alright settle down. We have a new student here. Little rare for us to get one in the middle of the semester, but apparently this one is a special case." he says shooting a glare at me. I grin in return. So it seems even the teachers know who I am. What a development. I wonder if all of them are as grouchy as this one. "Go ahead and introduce yourself."

Turning to the class, I smile and wave cheerfully. "Hi there! I'm Skylar Evans. Yes I was kicked out of my last school but I promise I'm not a bad person. It's a pleasure to meet you all, I look forward to getting to know you." I greet, winking cheekily at the end.

The teacher just rolls his eyes and sends me to my seat but not before handing me a few papers. "I'm not sure where you left off but we are currently working on this topic and we've already covered these topics." he says pointing to the papers. I nod and thank him before taking my seat.

He doesn't waste a second after that, jumping right into the lesson and hardly giving me time to adjust and figure out what was happening. For fifty minutes straight, he talks about this semi new topic before handing out a worksheet that was to be homework if not finished in the last ten minutes of class.

Groaning, I lean back in my chair, throwing my feet up onto my desk as I chew on the end of my pen. Looking around, I note that most students have just put their pencils down and are chatting among themselves. Several scattered around the room are half heartedly working on it, only a couple really going gun-ho.

Picking up the papers scattered about my desk, I glance them over for the first time the entire class period. Most of it I already know, none if it is really new thankfully. Looking at the homework, I raise an eyebrow slightly at the amount assigned. It isn't unmanageable, just more than I expected.

As the bell rings, I stand up and wander out and down the hall, making my way to German. Entering, I find the teacher, introducing myself once again. This teacher isn't as bad, he actually made sure I knew what was happening and such. Not that it totally matters to me too much, I'm not here to learn. He is a lot more chipper and happy go lucky than Mr. Grouchy Pants which I find to be annoying in its own way.