Chapter 8

Skylar~

It's day five of this new school and I am already bored out of my mind. The classes aren't too bad, nor are the teachers for the most part but eh, not my thing. I spend most afternoons hanging out with Sophia or interacting with the rest of the student body. Several sports teams have come to convince me to join, but I'm not super interested in that. What's the point if I'm going to get kicked out in a few months?

By the time theatre rolls around, I am not really interested in paying attention. I walk in a couple minutes after the bell, not even carrying a bookbag with me as I sit down in my seat. Leaning back in my seat, I half listen to our teacher, Mr. Marz, as he babbles on about something.

Finding this to be unbearable for a Friday afternoon, I look over at the school's famed Queen Bee. Just looking at her for a moment, I debate on annoying her or holding an actual conversation, both being quite enjoyable for me. Looking away as papers are being passed around, I take my copy and glance at the paper before dropping it on my desk.

Waiting for the teacher to turn his back, I lean over towards Vanessa, invading her space purposefully to make sure I've got her attention. "I'm ditching, this is too boring. Wanna join me?" I offer, raising an eyebrow. I watch as she pauses, considering my offer for a second. "Sure, what the hell? Where to?"

"Hell if I know, lets just go while he's not paying attention." I grumble getting up and darting out the door. Vanessa grabs her purse and follows quickly as I lead the way down the hall before Mr. Marz can bother trying to chew us out.

Slowing to a normal walk, I don't say anything right away, listening to the clicking of Vanessa's heels. "I see you're wearing those annoying shoes again, they're so loud," I whine with a playful tone. "Jesus, you sound like Rosely," she shoots back sarcastically, her tone matching my playfulness.

"Hey! I'm cooler than her thank you very much." I retort. Vanessa doesn't look the least bit convinced as she says, "Prove it." I roll my eyes and shake my head. "Too much work." Vanessa rolls her eyes, "So you can talk the talk, but can't walk the walk?" I look at her blankly, not really getting what the hell she just said. "What?"

"Guess I overestimated you."

"Oh whatever. You gonna jet to France or something or stick around?"

"Ooh, someone's done her homework on the pretty girl down the hall, I see."

I just smirk and shrug slightly, "Of course. I make sure to know things about all the pretty girls around." Vanessa lightly pushes my shoulder some as she answers, "Oh get over yourself." Smiling at this, I direct the conversation back to my previous remark. "Shut up, you never answered my question smart mouth."

"'Smart Mouth,' huh? Nice one, you're getting better at the name calling thing." She says with a smile. "And no, I am stuck here."

"Aww poor you, the horrors you must face."

"Can't be much worse than seeing you every day," she fires back, her lips pull into her little half smile. Giving a slightly goofy smile in return, I just dismiss her remark. "Please, you totally look forward to seeing this amazing face."

"Now that is where you're wrong."

"Now, now. It's not good to lie missy," I tease with a grin.

"Yet you still lie to yourself."

"I'm hurt you would accuse me of such a thing. I demand an apology"

"You demand an apology?" she muses with a laugh. "Now that's a new one."

"Here, I'll make it easier for you, just say 'yes' to whatever I say next," I tell her with a sly grin. She raises an eyebrow, tilting her head slightly before answering. "Okay," she agrees not sounding too sure, but looking rather excited. Hardly missing a beat, I respond with a cheeky expression. "Great, go on a date with me."