1. Escape

CHAPTER 1 ESCAPE

In my darkness, a yellow, flickering streetlight, refracted against the fractured window and the rain, disturbing me from my sleep. It implored me in its Morse code to wake up, so I answered, groggily and confused. I drew a shaky hand over my face and tried to wipe away the sweat and dirt off my forehead. My hand reeked of booze, weed.. was that coke?... and sex.

"...Master Klaus..."

For fuck's sake. I winced at the throbbing headache I found my self with when my eyes finally opened completely to see the flickering streetlight to be brighter than expected. Turning away from the window, I was on a mattress of black silk. My clothes were tattered on the floor and a naked woman draped across my chest and another, with only jewelry and a bra, on my thigh. Two? I guess I went a little crazy last night.

The women on my chest had red hair that matched the walls of the bedroom-- cheap and fading. Her makeup was smeared, the hickeys on her neck were bruising a bit as escaped blood started crust from a bite. I rolled my tongue to see if I could remember her but it was dry and heavy. I remembered some faint things if I closed my eyes and focused. Ana... Amber? She was 20... 22.. and said she liked it in the āss as long as I promised to play nice and go slow.. no- it was Annalise or even Ang- My eyebrows furrowed as another pang hit me from the headache and I cursed my self for wasting precious energy in trivial matters like a name, especially when it could be used towards how I got here and how to get home.

I moved to get up, rusting springs creaking from the strain of my weight and the girls rolled limply onto the bed and off of me. They were especially limp, urging me to check their pulse.

Nothing...

Nothing...

Nothing...

"Master Klaus..."

Badump...

The beat was a whisper but it was enough to assure me I was not responsible for unintentional deaths. When I got up, I stretched, bones and muscles popping from an uncomfortable rest and surveyed the rest of the room.

The cracked window was against the wall for the bed. A dress and a vanity were on the wall to the left, a half-opened door to the bathroom and finally, a second door that could only be the one that led out of the room. As I walked towards the door, I spotted a red heel still on the foot of its master. There was a third girl on the floor, naked, clothed with tattoos but snoring soundly whilst clutching a pillow like a lover. Again, she had a bite on her neck like the two on the bed indicating to me I might have been bitten famished before going out and feeding on drunk females that led to my pass out.

I wandered out of the room, my head still spinning, aching-

"Master Klaus, please..."

I found my self in a foreign living room and sighed to see it littered with girls. Two on the dirty couch, one under the table. Walking further in, I saw another in the living room, leaning against a broken tv and three more, under the kitchen rug, against the fridge, and on the dinner table. Their bodies were bruised from hickies and love bites. The room was cold but their bodies were warm and red, and some still wet and covered in seed. My seed. They were bitten and bloody but satisfied. It was a symphony of soft snores, moans, and mewls. It was a chorus that I often felt pride from hearing after a hunt as successful as this one.

But, at this moment, I felt-

"Master Klaus, I don't mean to irritate you, truly, but I'm concerned about your well being. It's been 9 days Master. And I can't imagine that you have a had proper meal or slumber since you've left and there are a plethora of responsibilities you've left un..."