*9. A Deep Dive (¡)

CHAPTER 9 DEEP DIVE (¡)

A beat passed and neither of us moved or spoke. I was frozen in place, anxiety quickly taking over my excitement.

Zuemier's gaze was colder than I had imagined it to be. It was cold enough to rivals Elixio's at our first meeting. His face was pursed and unfeeling. Stern and professional. But I had been obsessed over eyes as of recent, and his eyes were not matching up with his face. They were cold but interested; standoffish. They were aroused and control. I presented something interesting to him but he didn't know if it was safe to investigate further. I, on the other hand, simply didn't know how to respond to him.

He took a moment to break his gaze and took cautious glances on either side of the room before coming back over me with caution. He broke the silence first,

"Name." He demanded, voice echoing like a swinging gavel in an empty courtroom.

My mind was still swirling with curious black tendrils, I didn't understand his question. The darkness suddenly, whipped my throat, forcing a primal response that wasn't mine. My sense of reasoning went savage and primal. Zuemier tendril shot me into a shallow, sticky, inky darkness of simplicity and black and white thinking. For a moment, my brain went on a beastish sort of autopilot. Zuemiers hostility will be returned with hostility. It was the only conclusion that made sense here. I, without warning, bared my teeth, and fucking hissed possessively. Like. A. Fōcking. Cat.

We both blinked, both very confused. Quickly, I got control over myself, the black tendrils dispersing at once and retreated from the metal, shallow primal pool, sticky and ashamed.

"S-sorry?" I murmured in a hushed tone, my voice was hoarse and low from my the tendrils attack.

His gaze was intense and I looked away. I had become intently away of the vulnerable position I was in- sitting on his lap, in wet satin blue panties, a satin blue nightie and my nipples perking through them; saluting him like a soldier and hissing like a fucking animal apparently.

"Your. Name." He said lowly, slowly, but his voice boomed in my ears in its stern intensity. He was serious and not addressing the hissing, thankfully.

"Neoma," I said quickly.

"Neoma what?" He demanded. His eyes were accusatory, dispassionate, he secreted apathy. Had I already become hated by my stranger of a crush?

"Neoma Evangelos-"

"Where are you from?" He cut in, skeptical. It was an expected reaction, I was a black girl with a European name in America.

"Here.. my mom is Greek if that's why you're confused," I replied just as skeptically, peering over, trying to read his expression.

He waited expectantly like he was waiting for a longer answer but when I said nothing more, I could feel him relax a bit under me. We were in silence again but I could feel him, once more, scanning my body, searching for more information.

His gaze fell over my panty clad core, and I flushed, quickly covering my self with my hands, hair flowing over my breast as I realized there's probably an obvious sign of my arousal resting there. His eyes met mine again, now open with lust and interest. He gave a curt inhale and shuddered out a satisfied sigh, cheeks rosy with color. He nodded up at me, raising his chipped eyebrow, "You Elixios'? Something exotic to entice me to stay at the estate? You're not really my... type but I'm oddly enough, hungry so I guess could,"

This fuck.

At the mere sound of that fucking crazy demons name, I glared daggers at Zuemier, fueled by my feminist-bathroom-pep-talk. Was I an object? Something own-able? Couldn't I be doing this on my own (even if I technically wasn't) accord ?! And don't even get me started on the 'I wasn't his type' shit- Why?! Because I wasn't 'beach body' slim? Blonde? A model? I know I'm a bit weighty, I like my sweets for fuck's sake-- but I'm sure as hell not disfigured and ugly so what of me didn't meet his standards?! Elixio wouldn't have chosen me if I wasn't 'good' enough for his 'Master'! ...Right? God, I could feel that primal darkness coming over me again at the blatant disrespect, and it was demanding deference.