14. Whipped Creme (¡)

CHAPTER 14  WHIPPED CREME (¡)

Quebec and his lip-licking posse leaned in closer and despite myself, I leaned back further into Zuemier's chest. It was instinctual, entirely subconscious. Logically, I understood that looking for Zuemier for support was nonsensical. Though, unlikely as I didn't have any proof, he probably invited the creepy fucks over in the punishment he promised he would inflict for my disobedience. I was doomed to entertain these weirdos unless I ran off. I should be contemplating escape routes, nearest exits, and entrances but instead, I'm leaning into his embrace.

Zuemier arm tightened around my waist, another around my stomach as he situated me securely in the confines of his waist. My skin prickled and the weird, warm feelings bubbled in me when the warmth of his mouth brushed against my exposed neck. It was an innately affectionate gesture that I didn't expect from him and relaxed me from predators that were watching intently.

Zuemier inhaled deeply before rumbling, "No, thank you, gentleman. I'm quite fine."

An awkward silence fell over the 6 of us, the four men bristled and I too shocked to speak. What was Zuemier intent? Or was he just a bluffer?

The Bull huffed, annoyed when Quebec gave his shoulder supportive pat. The other men, curiously enough, made noises of disgust at Zuemier rejection, moving away from the table. What a weird reaction in place of disappointment. Quebec turned back to Zuemier and bowed his head again. "And you are sure there Lis no other services that I- We could provide for you, Master Klaus, it would please us greatly."

Zuemier stiffened at his name, his face pulling back from behind the curtain of my hair. He pulled me back even tighter against him and I could see the nerves in his neck pulse. "I know what I want and what I don't, your services being one of them. I don't care what pleases you. If you're truly that hungry, Nigel, go to Elixio and he'll find you something sweet. I'm not sharing her. Period." Clouds escaped from him in his cold finality. Zuemier was strict in his resolution but so was Quebec friends.

They made more noises of disgust, one, Nigel, shook his head dismissively and walked away but The Bull stayed, hands extending into black claws that sunk into the wood of the table. He looked angered, offended as he leaned into the table, trying his best but failing so to be polite as he ignored Quebec's urgings to walk away. "Klaus we are not asking for a lot, it's customary-"

But Zuemier remained cool under the pressure, his tone revealing all the threatening lethality that he didn't show in his composure as his head calmly came down to the crook of my neck again, dismissively. "I'd appreciate you not questioning my authority. But if this pains you so then I'll happily accept your Challenge for my position."

The notion hung in the air with a weight I couldn't comprehend. Quebec eyes bulged at the mention of Challenge, beads of sweat falling in rivets and he no longer tried to pull The Bull away. His expression was a weird mix of fear and discomfort. He shoved his hands in his pockets, bowed with a murmured apology and quickly shuffled away.

The Bull shifted uncomfortably. His intensity noticeably lowered but with a stubborn tick of the jaw, he still did not yield. I could feel Zuemier's slitted gaze cut into The Bull, like a laser beam annihilating all that crossed its path.

"Are you Challenging me, Cruz?" Zuemier spoke softly, with a cruel sense of playfulness. He wanted Cruz to say yes; whatever 'Challenge' meant, it seemed to excite Zuemier. His smoke cut the air like the reaper and Cruz The Bull finally heeded.

He bowed his head, face flush in his attempt to swallow the large pill of his pride and grumbled out a, "No, Master Klaus. I would never consider it. Sorry for bothering you." He retracted his claws and walked away briskly, leaving me alone with the cold man once again.