15. Scrubba Dub Dub

CHAPTER 15 SCRUBBA DUB DUB

Zuemier and I scrambled away from each other like caught school children. I was breathing heavy as I tried to press down my skirt over my spoiled panties and pull creme from my white tipped locks. The amount of embarrassment and shame I felt could ruin an entire nation. Me now, flustered and guilty was definitely not the type of person I wanted to be thought of. The type that jumped a strangers bone at the first opportunity. Or screwed in an open cafe, even after being approached by strangers.

I'm not an unashamed person, quite the opposite. Elixio undoubtedly thought of me a slut now. Zuemier undoubtedly thought of me as easy now. Before, at least he coerced me to be used for himself and Zuemier's benefit. Now I've gone about it without any pressure. An idiot. He probably thinks I'm a floozy, that I liked the things I did with them-

Didn't you?

A dark cloud settled over me, unpleasant thoughts weighing on my shoulders. I caught Elixio gaze while trying to look at literally anything else. His eyes glowed with kindness and eagerness but in their shadow, I found them hard to trust.

Zuemier cleared his throat and the booth gave a crunch as he shifted out of it. He was taller than I had realized. When he first initially came to the booth, I had tried my hardest not to seem interested and avoided looking at him. Now, I openly glared at him, trying to pin my insecurities on a hate-able enemy.

And he was tall. A whole head taller than Elixio, the tips of his curly, white blonde hair meeting past Zuemier's depthless blacks roots. He straightens out his white shirt and dark jeans, such relaxed clothes for a tense man. He was so stiff in his movements, nearly jerky as he made no attempt to hide the even stiffer and very apparent tent at his zipper. He murmured something very lowly to Elixio, rough and deep like his tongue-

And didn't spare me a single glance as he walked away, striding towards the staircase and perhaps bar downstairs that Elixio has wondered to before.

Of course, he wouldn't acknowledge me when he left. Why would he? He got what he wanted, whatever it was. My embarrassment, my pride, my self-worth, he had it all and didn't even have to ask. I just threw it at him without a thought... I didn't find it to be of much value either apparently.

It still hurt to be so sexually vulnerable with someone just to be ignored. Elixio cleared his throat, his familiar outstretched hand entering my vision and I took it numbly. He gave me a curious look, concern showing briefly before it was masked with control and elegance and guided us to another staircase that led straight to the cafe exit and subsequently, the elevator

I tried not to look at the couples or individuals we passed on the way towards the staircase. I know they saw us. They know I saw them. They know I know they saw us. I didn't want to see the judgment, disgust or mainly interest in something easy. So I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and squeezed Elixio hand- that I briefly imagined was Zuemier's- and prayed to any and all deities, that I would wake up from this emotional nightmare.

.

.

.

Five minutes later, we stood in front of a wide entry hallway that had rows of beautiful old paintings that lined the walls. Almost like a hallway of an apartment or hotel room except there was only two doors on the entire hall, one at the very end and the other the wall to the left of us. The walls were painted a calm and elegant gold and the carpet was filled with intricate patterns that expensive tapestry would have.

Elixio had stopped abruptly, not in front of a particular door- just in the middle of the hallway. We hadn't spoken a word, besides some shuddering breaths and sighs from me while my brain was working up an anxiety sweat.