5. He Knows

CHAPTER 5 HE KNOWS

When we got outside, Elxio shoed off my Uber and a big black SUV was pulled up in its place. The car had two sets of doors, one for the driver and 3 additional rows of seats, two with their own doors. The goon that wasn't holding the Zuemier man, opened the door closest to the trunk and slid Zuemier into the seat. A bodyguard sat in the same set and the other shut the door.

I looked to Elixio for some sort reassurance to find him bowed again, gesturing to the second car door, opened and awaiting our entrance. I took a step but hesitated. The situation gave me a weird sense of deja-vu...

~Agreeing to that is the equivalent of if Satan asked me to just take a stroll with him to the underworld. I would totally be back before sunrise and

I'll be paid for my company.

We all know my aśs is about to be trapped there for a long time and I won't be getting paid.~

What am I doing? How did I find myself getting into an unmarked SUV with a strangely attractive man whose unconscious and another strangely attractive man who was a very conscious, going to god knows where and coming back god knows when.

I was stepping into a depthless back pit of the unknown. I didn't know what laid ahead of me so why was I risking my life, my safety? For what? Curiosity? Social acceptance? For what, exactly?!

I took another glance at Elixio but his piercing blue eyes were already staring at me with profound curiosity. I wonder what he was thinking, what he saw in me when he was looking at me with that sort of expression on his face.

I took another breath, like it would be my last bit oxygen for a long time and slid into the cars cool leather seats. I slid up against the window, and Elixio sat gracefully against the opposing door. I looked up to see that the car was like a limousine or taxi and had glass that separated the driver from the other seats. Elixio knocked on the glass as the second goon sat next to the driver and the car slowly pulled away into the night.

The drive was, awkward to say the least. I don't know what I was expecting but the only music being the sound of Zuemier's shallow, choppy breaths was not it.

I really wanted to look at him, Zuemier. To truly see him now that I had seen his picture and was wanting to compare it the real thing. In the light would his inky black hair take on those violet hues I had imagine? How bright were his dark grey eyes? But I was scared of receiving a piercing look from his guardian goon. Or even reprimanded by Zuemiers' Elixio.

I couldn't quite figure out how long we were traveling for. The windows of the weird SUV limousine thing were dark and tinted. Everything was the same brown, black, sepia-toned color. I could see the shapes of buildings, faint glows of streetlights, murky suggestions of people but I had no idea where we were going, giving me another awful taste of deja vu in my mouth.

I couldn't take the silence anymore and mustered the courage to speak my confusion. "So- ah, Elixio. Which hospital are we headed to?" I figured it was a safe question but also, it was carefully designed trap.

Oh dear lord. You always overthink-

There were three hospitals within a reasonable drive from Davena's apartment and I had them pretty well memorized for the health of my parents. If we went north from Davenas house, we would be going to Atrium Health and it was 30 minutes away. However, the car was facing south when we pulled off so we couldn't be going to Atrium.

There were only two other hospitals south of Davena's, Marshal and Johnson Health and Aorta Health, Aorta being the closest at 15 minutes. Though I couldn't see what we've passed, I know what 15 minutes fee l like from baking as many cookies as it had and we've passed that threshold. We could only be going to Marshal Johnson and any other answer Elixio gives would be incorrect and I would know that I had made a mistake of getting into the car and that the Zuemier dude was probably was just acting to trap me into the groups' sex trafficking ring. How else would Elixio and his goons had known- not only that Zuemier had fallen ill- but where he was? What, he called him preemptively? Not a chance, since his phone was in the bedroom and he was passed out at the front door meaning that this was one big farce to trap naive women into the sex ring. Though I don't know where exactly where Davena fits in there or why they didn't take the other girls but Ill sort those details later as they don't matter. I have to focus on the situation at hand! There's an unlockable lock on the limo door. If by Gods mercy, the child's lock isn't on, I'll roll out, even into the oncoming traffics if I have to and I'll try to call the cops on my or Zuemier's phone and then I'll -