8. A Deep Breath

CHAPTER 8. A DEEP BREATH

I took a big breath as I pulled the baby doll nightie over my head, and I held it even after my head emerged from the hole. There was still a daunting swimming pool of the unknown I had to dive into in front of me and I didn't know when I'd be able to breathe again.

Looking into the mirror, I didn't recognize the stranger who stared back at me. Sure, her hair was still a familiar waterfall of black and brown dreadlocks, thick and sparse. She had set unamused brown eyes that hid behind a round rimless frame with a broken nose pad holding them up that I could recognize from anywhere. Her skin was the same old freckled brown.

But what was this woman doing with her boobs falling out of scandalous nightie? Beautifying herself in a clearly rich man's bathroom like a prostitute? Wearing a shameless expression of anxiety and lust- just who did she think she was?!

I bit my lip and it reddened under the pressure. I thought I had a pretty good understanding of who I was as a person. What I would do, what I wouldn't. I'm a woman of faith, I believe in virtue but I wasn't completely oblivious. I recognize that there is life's temptation that may stray an individuals 'perfect' path of righteousness but they were a part of life. I had known it first hand.

If there was one thing that I agreed with that scary ass Elixio is that the world isn't black and white. Not everything's good, not everything's bad and not everything that is 'good' is good and everything that is 'bad' is bad. I accepted life's variables as they came to me, different people in their variations as they came to me. Perfection is impossible and I don't think it was ever intended.

But as I stood in a strangers lingerie, in a strangers bathroom preparing to possibly fornicate with a stranger for clearly, barely holy reasons, I wondered if I had strayed too far. If the 'perfect' path was still visible and attainable. After this would I hold any of the purity that even Elixio saw in me?

But like the snake seducing a reluctant Eve towards the apple, Zuemier's face came into my mind in inky black swirls. First his midnight black mane, his chipped eyebrows, the long eyelashes- and those beautiful, grey, sad eyes-- I willingly wanted to be sucked into whatever freaky mind control they would set out for me. And his lips, pink and luscious and full- whispered lewd promises of satisfaction.

Purity, who?

I was women of faith but I also believed in my being. The strength in my desires couldn't be wrong because they were mine. And to deny what makes me, me would be a sin in itself.

No more suppressing my desires, oppressing me.

I pulled my shoulders back as I looked at me, in all of her nervous horniness. My first steps into hell would be mine. I put my hand on the golden doorknob as I took in a deep breath and finally just dove.

_____________________

Entering back into the room, Elixio was-surprisingly, at the door with the clipboard from earlier and his jacket. He looked like he was readying himself to leave.

I quickly made my self out to voice my concerns but he already beat me to it, "Don't look so worried, Miss. Susan-Neoma. I will be nearby in case you need me, simply holler or... more and I'll be here in seconds but I wouldn't leave if I didn't feel confident in your independence-"

My eyes bulged. He just wanted me to yell if something went wrong? That went so well last time. "But what am I-"

"As I said, your only direction is to sit... ontopofZuemier until he awakens and he'll take it on from there-" Elixio rushed through his breath as he stepped out into the hall, attempting to close the door