seven

seven
teddy bear
FIRST PERSON

I WALKED INTO SCHOOL, stressed as hell. I was worried about Elisia, and if she was okay.

I turned a corner and saw Brandon with some other kids. He gave me a disgusted look and I just looked away and walked past them.

Well, tried.

"Woah, look out," Brandon stood in front of me, stopping me from being able to continue.

"Which teacher are you boning?" One of the girls asked.

"Didn't you hear? They're inside her mom," Brandon answered rhetorically, causing them all to laugh.

My eyebrows furrowed in anger but I decided to let it pass as I replaced it with a sarcastic smile.

Man was he sensitive. All I did was tell him that the things he says has meaning and here he was, proving my exact point. When someone doesn't like him, he has to make sure it's known that he doesn't either.

It was pathetic.

"You're right. You're right," I nodded. "My mom slept with Mr. Tucker— in the science lab, actually," my smirk then dropped and I became expressionless. "But at least, I didn't piss my pants."

That's when his smile faded and mine grew. All his friends around him were now laughing at him. They brought up the pictures and started to make fun of him. He took one last look at me before I rolled my eyes and left.

I got a text from Rowan saying to meet them. I ditched my class and ran to where they were because I was hoping it was about Elisia.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late," I smiled guiltily. "What did I miss?"

I placed my bag on the ground. Hailey then showed me a profile of the name fireeestarteeer once I got situated.

"This is Elisia's second account. She commented on it on accident, I think, on her normal account," Hailey informed me. "She hasn't posted anything for about a year."

I kept looking at it until Hailey took her phone away.

"When her house burnt down," Rowan continued.

"I honestly don't think she burnt her own house down," I told them, defending Elisia.

"Maybe that's what Monkey Man wanted us to figure out," Rowan responded. "Her name is fire starter."

I started to get a little annoyed at Rowan.

"You really can't trust anyone, can you?" Hailey questioned with judgement.

"Wonder why," Rowan said looking at Hailey. "She lied about her parents— she's hiding something."

"Maybe because it's personal?" I questioned rhetorically, earning an eye roll from the girl.

We all stood there staring at each other until Hailey spoke up. "I found this is my locker," pulling out a teddy bear from her backpack.