eight

eight
what's his nuts?
FIRST PERSON

I WAS SITTING WITH Hailey on the bleachers when Rowan appeared. We still were a little strung on what happened last night but Rowan reassured us that she was safe and with her boyfriend— if that's what he could be considered.

"Did you stay up all night, slut?" Hailey asked. "What's his nuts? Jack?"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Wait, you did it with Jake?" I knew he stayed with her but I didn't know they took it to the next level.

"Yeah, that guy," Hailey's eyes widened in realization.

Rowan just nodded tiredly.

"You look exhausted," Hailey observed.

"I got tagged in another private video," Rowan told us.

"Have you watched it yet?" I asked.

She just looked at me and shook her head. She opened her phone and pressed on it. It was a video of Elisia tied to a chair, being mocked by someone in a monkey mask.

"Oh my gosh," Hailey let out in a gasp. "We- we have to tell someone."

"We can't, remember?" Rowan reminded us. "Look it's- it's the same building that's in the teddy bear video."

While saying that, she took a screenshot and flipped to the other screenshot of the teddy bear video.

"We just have to figure out where it is," I concluded.

"You said Brie could get us an address, right?" Hailey asked to reassure her own worries.

"I don't think Brie is gonna wanna help us anymore," she said softly.

"Then maybe we should tell your dad?" Hailey suggested.

"Seriously?" I asked in disbelief. "We can't tell anyone, remember?"

Rowan gave her the same confused look. "What's your secret? Because it cannot be as bad as mine, or as surprising as Cynthia's," she looked at me while words ran out her mouth. "See, you cant even tell us and you want Monkey Man to tell everybody?"

Hailey quickly snapped. "No."

"He said he'd kill her, if we said anything, remember that?"I repeated the phrase we had read.

"Of course I remember that," Hailey hollered a bit. "I just don't know what to do."

Then Rowan's phone binged again.

"Monkey Man?" Hailey asked. "Watch it."

Rowan pressed the video and it showed her sister getting put in a police van.

"Is that Brie?" Hailey questioned. "What the hell?"

"I gave my dad Brie's pills, so," Rowan answered both Hailey and I's confused expressions. "He's probably sending her back to Hope First."

"You ratted her out?" Hailey asked in disbelief.

I had no idea what they were talking about so I kind of dozed off worrying about Elisia. I came back to reality when Hailey told Rowan to put the volume all the way up on the video of Elisia and the teddy bear.

"Ash? Who's Ash?" Rowan asked.

Hailey looked at me then looked down. We drove to Ash to have him help us find Elisia. That's when we spotted him and he came towards Hailey's car.

"Get in," Hailey demanded, in which he did.

He gave me a smile as I was stuck sitting in the back.

"Do you know where this is?" I wasted no time, showing the video of Elisia.

"Why?" He asked, looking at me then Hailey.

"'Cause we need directions," Hailey told him. "Come on Ash, this is serious."

"What does this have to do with Elisia?" He asked. "Where is she? I've been looking for her all day," he looked at us three until he finally broke. "Fine, I'll take you guys."

"You can't come with us," Hailey said.

"No way, I'll take you there," he argued. "Otherwise, you're screwed," he went up close to Hailey's face. "You know I can keep a secret, you little bitch."

Then Hailey just started her car and drove.

We arrived there and were running up the steps until Hailey stopped us.

"Wait," she interrupted. "What if this is a trap?"

I looked back at the building where Ash already entered in. "Hailey, we have no choice."

I grabbed her hand then Rowan's and we all entered together. It was very worn out on the inside as it was on the outside. And it had an eerie feel to it.

"What is this place?" Hailey asked.

"I don't know," Rowan answered.

We started to go further and further into the building until we stopped at 4 hanging nooses.

"Oh my god," I breathed out in shock.

We all looked at each other and decided to go forward. Then, we heard a noise. Rowan ventured toward it.

"Who am I?" Rowan read aloud.

We looked down and saw a staircase leading to a dark, scary room. Ash went first and made sure we were following. Hailey grabbed my hand the way down. Then we all used our phone for light, since it was pitch black.

Rowan called our names and we entered a room with 4 burning teddy bears. We all went inside the next room and on the wall, in red paint, read, 'Remember me?' That's when we heard Elisia's screams.

We ran into a room that had a fire down the middle and into the other room. She was tied to a chair. Ash got her out and picked her up. After that we all made an escape.