twenty eight

twenty eight
i trusted you
FIRST PERSON

I MET WITH HAILEY, Rowan and Elisia at Elisia's house to get ready. I had my hoodie and black jeans on.

All I needed was my mask to complete it. I leaned down and pulled my hair forward so Hailey could place it on my head.

Elisia and Rowan were helping it go through the back. Once it was on, Elisia put my hoodie on it and I was ready to leave.

I was walking through the streets to find my way to the party. I went down an alley way and saw graffiti on the door saying '316'. I opened the door and entered the party.

I walked down the stairs and turned a corner and met with a bunch of people wearing different kinds of animal masks. I walked through all of them to try and find my way to King Cobra.

I went looking through rooms but I couldn't find anybody. I felt somebody watching me and I turned around and saw somebody in a owl mask looking like they were trying to follow me so I bolted out of there real quick.

I entered another room until I spotted someone wearing a snake mask. I walked towards them then they walked away so I followed after them. I went into another room until I got a text message.

It was from Elisia.

Elisia:
they know

I started to panic and freak out but my mission here was to figure out who King Cobra was so I didn't have to be scared anymore. I took a deep breath and continued to follow him. Until I got another text.

Elisia:
get out now

I put my phone in my pocket and proceeded to follow King Cobra. I started to walk in this dark hallway and look through the rooms. I entered a room and didn't see anybody until I turned around.

It was King Cobra.

He came towards me to try and take my mask off but I did it before he could. I pulled it off and couldn't believe who it was.

"Brandon?" I whispered in disbelief.

I stood there a moment, holding the mask when he saw my bracelet. That's when I ran out of there but he managed to pull it right off my wrist.

I saw Hailey and Rowan outside so I entered the car and told them to go. I didn't even talk at all because I was too in shock. I put my head into my hands.

Hailey got a call from Elisia saying to meet her at the hospital since Ash was shot. We made our way up to her and ran to hug her.

"How's Ash?" Rowan asked.

"He's in surgery," Elisia sobbed slightly. "It was his stomach or heart— I don't know. There was just so much blood," she took a seat.

Rowan sat right next to her to comfort her while Hailey and I stood in front of them.

"It's gonna be okay," I tried my best to console but I was out of it. "I'm sure it will okay."

"They don't know if he's gonna make it," Elisia informed us, controlling her crying.

That's when I started to tear up. Of course I blinked them away but my tone of voice revealed my sadness. "It was Brandon. Brandon is King Cobra."

"Cyn..." Hailey whispered, bringing me in for a hug.

"I'm so sorry," Rowan apologized.

"Do you think he shot Ash?" Hailey asked, me still holding onto her.

"First, Nicki," Elisia said. "Now, Ash. We're next."

We all sat down on the couch and comforted her as much as we could.