thirty five

thirty five
cousin to cousin
FIRST PERSON

Elisia called me to meet her at the hospital. I was still really upset at what happened yesterday. I wasn't trying to take it too personally but I was just offended. I decided I was gonna try and push it past me.

Not only for my sake but the sake of our friendship.

I entered the building and made my way inside the room where I found Jake, Rowan and Ash. It was slightly quiet when I entered but Ash started a conversation with me to get the ball rolling.

We three continued to talk with Ash in hopes it would help him feel better.

"It's good seeing you guys," he told to us in a appreciative tone.

I was about to respond until we heard chatter coming from outside. We all turned and looked, seeing some cops speaking with one of the nurses.

"What are they doing here?" Rowan asked us even though most of us didn't have an answer.

"Probably wanna know what I know," Ash responded while looking at them as well. "Which is nothing."

The silence was interrupted when my phone binged. I furrowed my brows while reaching for it. It was a text from Sean.

"Who is it?" Rowan asked me as their attention was now on me and my confused expression.

"It's Sean," I told her while humming, clicking on the notification to reveal the message. "He told me to come outside."

With that, I just shrugged it off and decided it was best to do as Sean told. I bent down to give Ash a cautious hug before running out of the room in a hurry. What made me pause was the sound of someone calling my name.

"Cynthia!" Rowan yelled in a low voice, gaining my attention as I turned around.

"Yes?" I asked her with an obvious disinterested face.

"I'm sorry, okay, I really am," she started. "We should have told you and you have every right to be upset but we only did it because we weren't sure if you would've agreed. It's stupid— we know that now."

I took a pause until I sighed. "It's fine, Rowan. I just don't think this is much of a team anymore."

"I don't understand?" Rowan furrowed her brows.

"Look, it seems like you two can make decisions without me so maybe," I paused. "-maybe it's better off for you guys to keeping doing that without me."

Rowan looked at me confused. "That wasn't it at all, Cyn. We only did this because we wanted you to be safe and we weren't going to take the possibility of you not agreeing with our plan. Whether or not he is King Cobra, it was the better option to level out the playing field. At least now we know that there is more people involved that we didn't know were before, even if us putting him in jail revealed that or not."

"And I'm not saying that, Rowan," I was beginning to grow irritated again. "You guys did a good thing when it came to putting him away. What I'm trying to say is that if you didn't need me to help you decide that, then what could I possibly offer you two anymore?"