twenty three

twenty three
locker investigating
FIRST PERSON

MY LIFE HAD BEEN so chaotic since the moment I found that notebook fall out of Brandon's backpack that last night when I reached inside my bag for that paper, I saw it and it gave me an idea.

I walked inside school today with the intention to check to see if the locker combo worked for any of the latter; Trevor, Brandon and even Sean.

I texted Rowan to help me with this and she agreed. She was always down for this kind of stuff and it made me feel better since Elisia and Hailey only ever helped when they were forced to.

I found out through Rowan that Hailey had been bombarded yesterday by the Zoo and passed out inside an elevator. While I wanted to go visit her, I decided against it because there wasn't much for me to say in order to help her. And it angered me to see how harshly they began to target us lately so I needed to get to the bottom of this for them.

Rowan told me she would ask Hailey about the locker situation but I still decided to text her to make sure she knew I hoped she was okay.

CYNTHIA:
i heard about what happened
CYNTHIA:
i'm sorry i couldn't make it but if you need anything, text me plz
CYNTHIA
i'm going to figure this out. i promise

HAILEY:
it's no worries, cyn
HAILEY:
i can't thank you enough for trying
HAILEY:
pls be safe

Another thing I had totally forgotten about was the flyers I made. Everything had been going in an constant loop that it was getting harder for me to keep track with everything. So, when I walked inside to see papers with Rowan and I's faces on it; I was surprised.

I gave Rowan the objective to do the posting but I wasn't entirely sure when that would be done. I guess she took a trip last night.

Rowan texted me earlier with Trevor's locker number on it so I decided to start first with that without her seeing as she was still at Hailey's.

I walked up to his locker and began to try the combo but he had a different kind of lock. The kind of lock that didn't require this combo. I sighed defeatedly.

Then someone put their arm around me.

"Looks like someone else knows how much a bitch you and Rowan are," Trevor smiled, holding a flyer in his hand.

I pushed his arms off of me. "Yeah, I know you put these up," I played the part.

"Uh, I don't have a printer, loser," Trevor retorted. "I told you— I tweet."

"Yeah, whatever," I mumbled.

That's when Mrs. Dawson came up to us.

"Cynthia, are you okay?" She asked me, and as she did, Trevor began to walk away.

"Not really," I shook my head, narrowing my eyes on Trevor. "Trevor posted these flyers all over the school."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait," he turned around to defend himself. "I did not."

"I found this in Trevor's backpack," thank god for Rowan letting me keep the original or else this wouldn't have worked out as perfectly as it did. "It's the original."