twenty six

twenty six
staghead
FIRST PERSON

WE ALL MET BACK up at Stinger's as he was making the bomb. It was quite an interesting sight to watch, seeing him create something so dangerous.

Then he handed me a remote. I looked at it weirdly.

"Remotes a fake; press the button enough times, it's gonna look like the buttons stuck," Stinger informed me. "That should give Elisia enough time to get out of sight."

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" I asked her.

She just nodded. I brought her into a deep hug before we left to go retrieve the mask Hailey made me.

"Staghead," Hailey smiled softly.

I looked it in astonishment. "It's beautiful, Hailey."

It was time to have the plan roll out. I was dressed in a black hoodie and black jeans with the mask that Hailey made on my head. I went to Elisia's car and recorded me putting the bomb above her tire.

I walked behind Elisia when she left her house and recorded her. I recorded her walking to her car as well. Once Elisia passed by me, I rose the button and started to press it couple times so they were able to pull through with the rest of the plan.

Stinger put the bomb inside and made it look like a big explosion. Hailey and Rowan made sure Elisia had blood all over her face to make her look like she flew out of the car. When they heard my footsteps, they all hid around a corner and Elisia got into position.

I went up to her and recorded her face and the truck. Once I got everything, I ran into the parking lot and sent it to King Cobra and added a text saying 'ACCIDENTS HAPPEN'.

I cringed once I removed the mask because it made me feel like one of them.

Stinger picked me up in his van and we all drove to Elisia's house where she would have to remain quiet so nobody knew she was alive.

Once we got there, we all started to talk.

"You sent the video to King Cobra?" She asked me.

"Yeah, it's a flash. It will disappear," I nodded. "I asked him to meet me."

"You sure I have to turn it off?" Elisia asked.

"They could be tracing our phones," Rowan warned her. "Stinger said they might be."

"Don't turn it back on," Hailey instructed. "No matter what."

"If they figure out you're alive...we're in trouble," I said.

"We know they watch us," Rowan continued. "You're dead, remember that. That means no calls, no lights, no contact. You can't leave."

"For how long?" Elisia asked us.

"When we find out who King Cobra is, you can come back to life," Rowan nodded, hoping it was reassuring.

"Something's going on with Ash, and if he hears something has happened to me-" Elisia got cut off.

"I'll call him," Hailey offered.

"Whoa, whoa, wait, no," Rowan stopped her before she was able to. "You can't. They could be tracing our calls, guys, remember that."

"We'll find him," Hailey said, with Rowan and I's agreement. "I promise. And we'll come and check on you every couple of hours— bring whatever you need."

"I hope this works," Elisia whispered.

Rowan, Hailey and I went to the Brew to go and see if Ash was there. And, to our luck, he wasn't.

"Ash isn't here," Rowan stated the obvious.

We started to walk forward until Hailey pulled me back while Rowan was still walking.

"If this does work, are you sure you wanna meet King Cobra?" Hailey asked me. She had been hovering over me like a protective mom since I agreed.

"Whatever keeps you guys safe," I agreed truthfully.

Hailey nodded. "Lets go check the Grotto. Rowan went around the back."

We started walking until she stopped cause Sean was there. Brandon turned around and saw me so I pulled Hailey's arm and we got out of there.

We met Rowan and were walking down the alley way when a truck came driving toward us. Not sure it was going to trail us, we didn't react until it revved it's engine and we all began to simultaneously run.

I turned around and saw the headlights get closer so I went with my instinct and roughly pushed Rowan and Hailey to the ground and continued running.

I could hear them calling my name and yelling at the truck. I was halfway down the alley when someone came from the corner and pushed me out of the way into the wall.

It was Brandon.