Chapter 15

I start to freak out because not only am I pregnant I am about to fight in a way where I may or may not lose my life and I don't have a choice in the matter. We have the royal rogues, but I haven't spoken to them since the last war and this one will be much, much larger than the last.
"Gather the fighters, get the women and children to safety. We've been planning this war for some time. It's time to put that training to use. Now!" he runs off and I send a mind-link to the entire pack, 'The vampires and mermaids are here! We can not take a chance of someone getting hurt. We lost many in the last war. This one will be larger. You all know the role you play in our success. I need all men to be brave and fierce and all women and all children to be safe.'
I hurry to call the rogue king and inform him of the attack.
"Daniel. The mermaids and vampires have arrived. By now I'm sure you know why I'm panicked." we end the call quick so I can fight for my people. Something we would soon learn, we will not be fighting mermaids. We will be fighting sirens. Some of the worst creatures to make an enemy out of yet somehow we are about to fight them. I still have my phoenix side that will wipe out half of the army and Sarah still has hers. We can only use them once per battle. We can do this. I know how to use it now. I will not have unnecessary bloodshed.

This war was worse than the last. I was sure of not having and bloodshed that could have been prevented and I was partially correct. I did wipe out half of the army on my own, but the catch to that is it will only wipe out half of the army that is currently there. I used my Pheonix first and then Sarah used hers. They helped tremendously. We won the battle without too much problem. We lost many warriors. I am proud to call them my family for what they have done for us. We will forever so grateful for them. They gave their life for us to continue living ours.
I am just very, very happy this war is over. Now I can live my life with the occasional rogue problem and even then that is Daniel's problem. My baby will be born into a world where we don't fight often. We will be one big happy family I hope.
"Sarah, I want to go shopping. Want to go with me?" he gave me the 'duh' look like 'did you really even have to ask'? I laugh and go to get my purse and keys and we make our way to the car. Right before we walk out the door a very hot man steps in front of me. "Where do you think you are going?" He picks me up and Jack does the same to Sarah. "Don't the royal alpha and beta have a job to do? Also, we were just about to go shopping. Parker!" I start to whine towards the end, "put me down!" he doesn't listen so I just let him go about his business until he puts me down on his own.
"Now which one of you pregnant ladies were going to tell us before you just left, possibly putting yourself in harm's way?" I look at Sarah and smile. I look back at Parker with puppy dog eyes and with my emotions going haywire it was easy to fake the tears and he let go of me and I ran to my car and got in. 
"Hurry!" Sarah yelled when she got in. We are horrible, but they still love us. Unfortunately for us, they were done with their work so they hopped into Parker's car and sped after us. When we got to the mall, it was closed. On a Tuesday? Why are they closed on a Tuesday? They shouldn't be.
"I wonder why they're closed. The paper on the door says they are a twenty-four-hour service Monday through Saturday. So why are they closed?" Sarah asks. I hold up my hands in an "I don't know" type of way, but our questions are answered when we see a witch come out of nowhere from the road. I didn't even hear them coming. 'Duh, they put spells on their cars idiot.' I roll my eyes at my wolf, 'That was rude. Aren't you supposed to be nice to me?' She doesn't say anything else and by this time they are parked in front of us and the recently declared witch queen steps out.
"I understand that you have beaten all of the armies that have been sent your way." I nod my head and her statement and furrow my eyebrows wondering why she cares. She looks at her guards, which are vampires, by the way. Since when are witches and vampires all buddy-buddy?
She starts to chant a curse or spell I'm not really sure which, but when I try to move I can't.
So one of the spells she put on me was so that I couldn't move.
I start to feel a burning in my stomach and I start to cry out in pain, but again I'm silenced by a spell. "What are you doing to me?" How come Sarah can talk, but I can't? The witches laugh and get back in their cars. Before they drive off she speaks one last time.

"Your babies are dead. The talking will come back and you will be able to move, but your babies will remain dead. This is your punishment that is worse than death. You killed our witches. I killed your babies." and she drove off and left Sarah and I crying.