Chapter 20

"Sarah...what are you doing here? I thought you were dead. How, how is this even possible?"

"He killed me. Then I woke up in a white room with my mom and yours. They spoke to me like they were still living and in this house with us so I didn't suspect anything was wrong. Then they started saying it wasn't my time. I was still very confused at this point. My mom explained to me what happened and how you handled it. I'm so sorry I chose him over you." She then hugged me and it felt like we were hugging for hours. It didn't bother me at all. I missed her so much.

Alcatraz walked in to see us hugging and he ran to us and picked Sarah up spinning her. "I missed you...shortie." She went from laughing to glaring in a second...and then she slapped him. I just shook my head and walked into the kitchen. I was still thinking about not seeing Parker. I wonder where he could be. I'll bet he's trying to avoid me. I don't know why though. "Have either of you seen Parker? I know Sarah's only been back for what, an hour?" I asked and she nodded, "but surely one of you have seen him somewhere?"

They both just shook their heads. Ya know, that saying when you love someone, set them free? Well, I disagree completely. I may not be happy with him at the moment, but true love doesn't have a happy ending because it has no end. We may have had our faults, but he was still my first love. That was something I never wanted to lose. Now that Alcatraz is here I notice that I may have two mates, but why do I have to choose?

Why can't I have two mates? Cleary it isn't against the moon goddess' code. She is the one that put us together. I think I am going to go look for him. He is my mate and he marked me. I should be able to sniff him out. 'Sadie, can you use your sense of smell and search for Parker? Or try mind-linking him? I really want to know where he is and if he's okay? I have a really bad feeling about him not being here? Do you know what I mean?' I see a picture of a wolf nodding, well as much as a wolf can. "Hey guys, I am gonna go look for Parker I haven't seen him since the day Jack..." I trailed off because if I didn't I would get super angry and want to go and finish him now.

"Anyway, I will see you guys later." I start to walk off and Alcatraz stops me.

"Wait, ummm do you want to go shopping with Sarah? I mean, she is back now." I just give him a look and then I turn to Sarah giving her the next time eyes. I then walk off to go and find Parker. That was kinda weird. It was like he was trying to stop me from finding him. Like it would expose Alcatraz's deepest, darkest secret or something. I laugh at the thought and then I smell him. I follow my nose and end up in front of the door to the underground dungeons. Ummm, okay? Why would Parker be down here?

I open the door and start to go down the stairs. As I am descending the stairs I start to get a little wary of what lies down in the underground of my house. I really should invest in an elevator. When I get to the bottom I see many guards I have never seen before at the entrance of the 'dangerous' hallway. We always called it that because it was where we put the wolves that tried to kill other wolves. Also where we put Jack. I really hope there is just something of Parker's down here. He shouldn't be here. Once I am off the stairs I start my journey to the door.

When I get there the guards just stand there like statues. I start to growl and they don't even flinch. "Look, guards. I don't know who you think you are, or even who hired you, but I am the alpha here and I demand respect." If I wasn't angry before I was now. They still stood there like I wasn't about to kill them for their disobedience. 3...2...1 I shifted and launched myself at the first guard who still just stood there waiting for me to kill him. The other two did the same thing until I got to the last wolf who just appeared. Seriously, what was going on? Why did they just wait for me to kill them and where did this wolf come from?

I smell the air and recognize the scent, Pedro. He was the leader of the North Shadow Pack. He was in on a bet to kill my deceased siblings. Yeah...I had a little sister and an older brother. My brother would be 25 right now and alpha of the pack, my sister would be turning 17 next month. I, nor Sarah talk about them because the same thing happened to her family, except she only had a little brother turning 9 and we don't celebrate their birthdays because the last time we did we were attacked by rogues. They said that if we ever celebrated them again they would come back, bigger and kill us all.

I growled at Pedro and he smirked. He then turned to leave. Why was he even here? When he's gone I shift back, not worrying about being naked. I open the doors and the smell of Parker is even stronger. I run to the last cell on the right and he is laying there, so close to death that if he lost a single drop of blood he may never wake up.

"Parker, what happened to you?" I ask as tears roll down my face.