Chapter Twelve

AALIYAH POV:

"Y'all I didn't do it, I swear. I was just talking to him and then all of a sudden hella monitors started going off." Whitney huffed dramatically as she folded her arms across her chest.

"Well, what were you saying to him?" I asked. I knew Whitney probably had nothing to do with Austin coding the other day, we were just giving her a hard time.

"Probably cussing his ass out and telling him that he wasn't shit." Uncle Tray chuckled.

"Right." Matt added, laughing as well.

"I will not confirm nor deny these allegations." She mumbled, taking a sip of her mimosa. We were all here eating brunch together. AJ and Amani were at camp so Whitney invited us out to brunch. It had been a full week since Austin coded at the hospital. Thankfully they were able to stabilize him and he was now actually showing improvements. "As much as he's put me through, I'd never do anything like that to him. I'm not about to go to jail and leave my kids for his ass."

"I know that's right." I mumbled.

"You damn right, jail ain't no place you wanna be. You too pretty for that shit." Uncle Tray spoke up, making her smile.

"Thank you Tray." She grinned.

"Ya welcome love." He said standing up and kissing the top of her head. "I'll be back y'all." He said leaving our table and heading in the direction of the bathrooms.

"I gotta get back to work baby girl, I'll see you at the house." Matthew told me as he picked his phone up from the table and placed it in his pocket. He took out his wallet and handed me his debit card.

"I have cash babe." I told him, pushing his hand away. He gave me a look and I gave him one right back. "I got it." I insisted.

"Better be glad I'm running late." He mumbled to me, kissing my lips and resting his hand on my forming belly. I smirked before pecking his lips again. "Bye Princess, be good for your mommy." He said kissing Maliyah's cheeks. "I love you." He cooed to her, making her smile. She reached for him and he waved to her. She looked up at him with a pout and I could tell the water works were about to start up. "Don't cry Princess, I'll be back." He said kissing her as she reached for him again. "Bye Sis, see you later." He said kissing the top of Whitney's head and quickly heading for the exit.

"That girl loves her Daddy." Whitney chuckled as she reached over and took Maliyah out of her high chair. "Don't cry Mama." She cooed as she bounced her in her arms.

"She sure does." I agreed, taking a sip of my juice. I watched as Whitney calmed Maliyah down and rocked her right to sleep.

"Girl look at this." She said sliding her phone across the table. I picked it up and looked at the screen. noticing it was a message thread between her and Mama.

 noticing it was a message thread between her and Mama