Chapter Seventeen

AALIYAH POV:

As I was washing the dishes from breakfast. I heard the alarm beep, indicating someone was coming through the front gates of our home. I checked the security app on my phone to see that it was Uncle Tray's BMW. The windows were tinted so I couldn't see if Mama was in the car with him but I'm pretty sure she was.

I watched him park in the circular driveway. I smirked to myself as I watched him open her door. She had on his clothes but his clothes fit like they was hers. I put my phone down and kept washing the small amount of dishes that I had left. Matthew was in the living room with the kids so I knew he'd get the door.

Shortly after the doorbell rang, I heard them talking to each other. I smiled and shook my head as I heard Maliyah's high pitched voice talking a mile a minute without a break. That little girl loved her MiMi.

"Hey baby!" Mama said greeting me as she came into the kitchen with Malachi resting in her arms. I was already knowing that Milani's spoiled ass was with her Daddy and Maliyah was with Uncle Tray, talking his ear off.

"Morning Mama. Y'all hungry? I have leftovers from breakfast." I lied, already knowing she got up and cooked a full breakfast this morning for Uncle Tray.

"We ate, I cooked this morning." She replied, confirming what I already knew.

"Hm. What'd you cook?" I asked.

"Waffles, bacon, eggs, sausage and breakfast potatoes." She answered, making me smirk. She noticed my facial expression and slapped me on the back of the head, making me laugh. "Stop being messy, I cook for everybody. You know that." She said smacking her lips.

"I didn't even say anything, Mama!" I laughed, shrugging my shoulders with an innocent smirk on my face.

"Whatever lil girl." She mumbled, side eyeing me as she brushed a piece of lint from my hair.

"So you done got a new pair a of titties and don't know how to act?" I joked, referring to her not having a bra on.

"Girl shut up before I knock you out." She said smacking her lips as she hit me. "You won't be satisfied until I go upside your big head." She fussed at me.

"Ouch Mama! Dang." I whined, rubbing my arm. She didn't even put much force behind the hit but it still hurt like hell.

"So what's wrong? What's going on?" She asked me. "You sounded weird on the phone."

"Let's go upstairs." I said drying my hands off with a dry towel and leaving the kitchen. We made a pit stop to the living room to deliver Malachi to his Daddy. I knew that I'd get upset by telling Mama what I found out this morning and I didn't want that energy anywhere around him or his siblings.

"You're making me nervous, Li? What's going on? What happened?" She asked me once we were seated in the sitting room that was inside of my closet.

"The boys that started the fire were hired to do it. But they aren't giving up any names to the police." I informed her, making her eyes widen as she cocked her head to the side.

"So it was Demarcus ..... wow." She mumbled as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"He needs to pay for what he did, period." I stated simply. She held her hand up for me to stop talking before turning her phone off. I did the same and we waited for a moment before she spoke up again.