Chapter Fourteen

ARMONI POV:

"Mama look!" Amir yelled, pointing to the large bubble that he blew from the bubble wand. I snapped out of the daze that I was in, giving him my full attention.

"Wow! I see it baby, good job!" I smiled, giving him a thumbs up with my free hand since my precious grandbaby Maliyah was knocked out in my lap. Amir grinned at me before blowing another one and running off.

"Mama look at mine!" Amaya yelled.

"It's huge! Woooow!" I called to her.

"MiMi can I have another one? It's all gone." Amani asked, placing her empty wand into the trash can.

"Go ahead baby, this is your last one. We're about to head inside in a few minutes." I told her. We were all currently in the backyard of Whitney's house.

As promised; my kids and I were out of the house that Chris bought by the next morning. He attempted to plead his case all night but I locked myself in the bathroom and fell sleep in the bathtub trying to avoid him. Sarah Jakes was playing loudly through my headphones the whole night. The old me was itching to come out so bad but I worked so hard to lock her away and I was fighting to keep her away.

I wasn't ready to talk to him and I didn't want to say the wrong thing out of hurt or anger so I asked for space until I was ready to talk. He didn't really have a choice because the kids and I were gone before the sun was even up.

It had been one full week since everything had gone down but it still seemed fresh. I was still having dreams every night. Nightmares of my Uncle's sexual attacks haunted me every time I closed my eyes. Images of Trayveon laying in his blood were ingrained into my memory. I could still feel Trayveon's deathly grip on my body and every time that my mind thought back to the incident, I would damn near have a panic attack. My arms and wrists were still bruised, but thankfully they were fading away and not as noticeable as before.

I haven't seen or spoken to Trayveon since the night that he forced himself on me and I went upside his head with that lamp. Aaliyah let me know that he was physically okay. I was glad that he wasn't seriously injured but I felt like I had to do what I had to do to protect myself. If it came down to it, I don't think he would've gone so far as to rape me but I wasn't going to take that risk.

I also hadn't seen Christopher since that night he gave me those signed divorce papers. He hasn't tried to reach out to me and I was okay with that. We had little to no communication with each other, we barely talked about the kids. I created a pick up and drop off schedule for the kids so we could keep it that way. At this point, we were both very hurt and angry with each other and the situation. We needed to be away from each other to calm down, decompress and think about the future.

Seeing those divorce papers made me look at Christopher a whole lot differently. It wasn't just the fact that he actually filed for divorce, we could've easily worked through that. What really pissed me off was that he tried to take my kids away from me. I honestly couldn't be in the same space as him right now, I would probably try to go upside his head with a lamp too, if not worse.

Christopher had a flight to go back home to California in the morning and I wasn't going with him. Eventually I would have to go back home but as of right now, my focus was on my children and grandchildren. Our kids still had three weeks left in their summer break. I'd still be here for at least another two weeks to help Whitney with Austin, Amani and AJ. Also, so I could spend time with Maliyah and Li.