Chapter 5

Riley

Been back in England for three days, my flat was broken into whilst I was away, so I'm sorting through paperwork for the insurance, which is a waste of time. I might have to move back with my father, If I don't find anywhere soon. But I need to drop by the office to get proof of my employment.

I get out of the elevator on the twentieth floor and walk to Wyatt's Secretary, Pearl.

"Hello, Riley, what can I do for you?"

"I need proof of my employment, please?"

"Wyatt, isn't here, he's gone on a business trip to New York then Los Angeles and Washington. so, he's going to be away for a while."

I was upset, because he could have told me I didn't have a job anymore. And finding out like this, from his secretary. My fault, I'm the only one to blame, if I wasn't doing the job properly.

"Okay. I take it he got another P.A.?"

"Yes, he did I thought he told you?"

"No, he gave me the week off, but it's alright not to worry. Nice to see you again."

I leave like I've got my tail between my legs. Then I smile, but I don't know why I'm smiling? because I know I gave it ago, even if I wasn't doing it right. I was only doing the job almost three months. I need to look for another job. Maybe I'll go and see my dad, but then I'm running home. No, I need to look for a job and find a new place to live.

***

Three days later I moved into a flat on the outskirts of London which was cheaper and got a part-time job In a clothing store three days a week, not what I wanted but it's a start and I'll be earning enough money to stay afloat.

I was hoping I would have had some sort of formal dismissal from Wyatt by now, but I didn't.

I keep thinking what did I do wrong, I kept to myself. Worked the hours he told me, helped when he wanted it, so what the fuck did I do wrong? Could it Be the time when we were on the plane and he had a look at the schedule to see that he had to stay an extra day, but really that wasn't my fault. He had too many meetings and I just could not fit them in, even he seen the schedule. I shouldn't keep going over it I'm just beating myself up.

Well I'm on my way to the clothing store when I get a text.

"Why are you not at my office sorting my files out for our next trip?"

I really did not want to answer  Wyatt.

"I don't work for you anymore."

I carry on walking to the clothes store, and I get another text.

"You were due back this morning at the office. I only gave you a week off."

"You have a new P.A. get them to do it."

I'm getting pissed off with him, he's demanding me to go to his office, he should have told me what he wanted.

"Difficult when she is with me."

"I thank you for the opportunity. bye." I text, I was angry.

"What do you mean bye?"

"Exactly that."

"What?"

"What do you mean what?" I text, getting irate.

"I've got a meeting in a ten minutes."