Math Class

Tyler. As in the Tyler that saved me from falling on my face.

"Ellie? I didn't know you were in this class." Tyler smiled at me and I sat down next to him.

"Yeah, I'm..."

"Evans, Eleanor?" Oh. Right. Attendance.

"Here." I raise my hand and smile at the teacher. She seems... nice? I turn my attention back to Tyler as the teacher continues to take attendance.

"I'm new, I moved here over summer." I smile back. It looked as his Tyler was about to say something when the boy behind him tapped his shoulder.

"Yo, Kimble, you mind introducin me to your new friend?" Again, Tyler looked as if he was going to say something, then the teacher spoke up.

"Mr. Gnapoor, I hope that I'm not interrupting your conversation with my class." Tyler and I looked at each other, and then to the boy behind us and tried to not laugh as the boy's face turned red. The rest of class went by. I heard something about the syllabus, and then the bell rang. I quickly put my stuff away and pulled out my schedule to find my next class.

"Hey! Ellie, wait up!" I spun around to see Tyler and the other boy walk up.

"Oh, hey Tyler and...?"

"Kevin. Nice to meet you." And then we kind of just stood there in silence. This isn't awkward at all.

"Um... well. I need to get to class but it was nice meeting you Kevin." I smiled and started walking down the hallway.

"Wait Ellie!" Tyler shouted. "If you want, you can hang out with us at lunch." I stared at Tyler for a second.

"Thanks, I'd like that." Then I smiled and started walking to class.

Yeah, I think I just made not one, but two friends. Huh. Maybe this year won't be so bad after all.