Wanna Hang?

My first day of school was definitely interesting, to say the least. I was watching Netflix when I got a text from an unknown number.

Unknown Number: hey do you wanna hang out with the guys and me at the mall?

Ellie: sorry, who is this?

Unknown Number: oh, right. Sorry. This is Marwan.

Ellie: oh! sure. Right now?

Marwan: yeah, i know it's kinda last minute. If you can't come it's cool

Ellie: I'll be there in like ten minutes, sound good?

Marwan: yeah. See ya!

Okay. So here's the thing. I know that Damian guy said hanging with the Mathletes is "social suicide" or whatever, but they seem cool. So what if no one else likes them? I like them, and that's what counts. Right? Right...

Ellie: where are you guys?

Marwan: food court

Sure enough. There they were. It seemed like no matter where you found them, there was at least on math book within five feet of them. I walked up to them and cleared my throat.

"Oh hey you made it!" Tyler looked up from whatever he was doing. "Here, sit."

"So... do you guys always study?"

"Pfft. No... we do a lot of cool things." Tyler replies while pushing up his glasses. He leaned in and whispered, "Sometimes we go to parties... uninvited." Oh wow.

I made eye contact with Marwan and we both started laughing. He closed his book.

"So. Ellie. Tell us about yourself."

"Well," I looked at them, "I'm 15. I have a little brother named Sam, he's 12. My mom is a stay at home mom and my dad's in the military so we move a lot. My favorite movie of all time is The Breakfast Club. My favorite book is Pride and Prejudice. I like to swim. Oh, and I'm kind of a foosball legend."

"Foosball legend you say? I have a foosball table at my house." Tyler looked at me. I looked him dead in the eyes.

"Oh it is so on Kimble." Just then I noticed Kevin nudge Marwan and the two looked at each other and then at me and Tyler. I swear I don't like him like that. I barely know him. Trying to break the awkwardness of it all, I jumped up out of my seat.

"Let's get food. I'm hungry."