Halloween

"What are you?" Karen asked as she greeted me at the party. I looked down at my outfit. I didn't really know what to wear so I kind of went with the classic "I'm a cat!" look which consisted of wearing all black and cat ears.

"Um... a cat?" She looked me up and down.

"Aw, cute! Want a drink?"

"Oh, no. I don't really-" Too late. She handed me a red solo cup with something very alcoholic. I sniffed it and crinkled my nose at the scent.

"Hey E!" Tyler put his arm around my shoulder and took the cup from my hand. "What's this?"

"I'm sorry, E?"

"I was trying something new." He shrugged. "Anyway, what's in the cup?"

"I don't know, Karen gave it to me."

"Karen?" Marwan's eyes lit up at the sound of her name.

"Yeah, she's over..." I scanned the room for her, "there." She saw me and waved. I waved back. "You know, you could talk to her."

"No. Why would I do that?" Marwan scoffed. The three of us stared at him. We all knew he liked her.

Tyler, Kevin, and I spent the rest of the night finding little ways to get Marwan to interact or go near Karen. When we weren't playing matchmaker, we were laughing at how dumb our classmates acted while drunk.

Some time later, I found myself separated from the guys. I wandered outside to get some fresh air and saw Caitlyn flirting with Tyler. I know I shouldn't be upset or anything but I couldn't help but feel disappointed. I was brought back to reality when I realized I was staring. Not only that, but Caitlyn saw me. So I quickly turned around and walked home.