Ellie? Will You...

I sat staring at the whiteboard, my mind wandering completely from anything Kevin was saying. It's been two days since the Halloween party and I just-

"E!" Kevin waved a hand in front of my face. "What's up with you?"

"Nothing. Just tired," I said, faking a yawn. "Why?"

"You just seem really out of it. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Really, I'm fine." I looked straight at him. "Hey, where's Ty? He's never late."

Kevin shrugged, "Maybe he's just not here today."

"Yeah, maybe." The bell rang and I found myself drifting back to who knows where. All I could think about was the party. It was on my mind all day. I don't know why, it's not like anything really bothersome happened there... I think.

Sitting at our usual table, Marwan and Kevin started to solve the problem of the day. I'm mostly there for moral support to be honest. I love hanging out with the guys but I don't solve a lot of math for fun. I sat opposite them, eating my sandwich, and scrolling through pictures from the party. I quickly learned to not interrupt when they're solving problems. Not that I could, they get really invested in them.

"Hey, Ellie?" Marwan said, looking up at me once he finished his problem.

"What's up?" I asked, turning off my phone.

"Are you okay? You seem kind of out of it." He looked genuinely concerned.

"Yeah, I'm great!" I smiled at him. I don't think he bought it.

"Okay... hey, we were thinking, would you maybe consider joining the mathletes?"

"What do you mean? I sit with you guys every day."

"He means join the team," Kevin jumped in. "We'd love to have you. I've seen how fast you answer questions in class, you've got skill."

My face turned red. It's not that I felt embarrassed about joining the team, I've just never thought of myself as mathematically skilled. It was honestly kind of flattering.

"Um... yeah, maybe. I don't really think that I have the schquillz for the team but I'll think about it."

Marwan looked like he was going to choke on his water. "Schquillz?"

I grinned, "yeah, it's like a cool way of saying 'skills'."

"I like it!"

"Why?"

Kevin and Marwan said simultaneously. I laughed and gathered my things. As I walked away, I heard Marwan yell, "You can't just keep walking off in the middle of our conversations!" And I smiled to myself. I love these boys with all my heart. I just don't want to break theirs.

~~~~~~

A/N hi! I'm back :) I'm sorry for the super long break BUT I'll be posting some more chapters in the near future so look out! If you have any suggestions for this story, let me know! Thank you!!!