Encounter with the Plastics

I stood in the middle of the hallway. Social suicide? What does that even mean?

"Ellie!" It's Tyler. I've seen him a lot today. Huh. "How was...?"

"French. It was fine I guess. I don't know there were..." I noticed that Tyler stopped paying attention and was staring at three girls walking down the middle of the hallway. I didn't understand what all the fuss was about. I mean, they didn't seem any different than anyone else at school. The only real difference I could see is that everyone paid attention to them. But so what? The girl in the middle cleared her throat.

"You're in the way." She looked me dead it the eyes. Her stare was almost hypnotic. Suddenly, Tyler grabbed my arm and dragged me out of her way. She and the other two walked off and we started walking in the opposite direction.

"Who...?"

"They're called the Plastics. There's Regina, Gretchen, and Karen." Tyler seemed a little too excited to talk about them.

"Okay, but what's the big deal? Like, why does everyone care so much about them?"

"Well, I guess it's kind of a 'popular kids' type of thing. Plus they're rich and pretty and..." he started listing everything right about them until I cut him off.

"Yeah. I get the idea... um. Hey, So this kid told me something in French today and I was just wondering..." I looked at Tyler. "What does everyone have against the Mathletes?" Tyler stopped in his tracks.

"Well... you know."

"No, I don't know."

"If you haven't noticed, we aren't exactly 'cool' or whatever. We're kinda nerds. You know, talking about math during lunch for fun and stuff. But hey, I don't want you to think we're completely lame. We can be cool." He beamed.

"I never said I thought you guys were lame." I smiled at him. "In fact, I think you guys are pretty frickin awesome."

"Frickin?" He laughed. I couldn't help but laugh too.

"Oh shut up." And with that, we started walking down the hallway again.

wOaH I'm alive. Yes. Yes. I know. I said I would update A MONTH AGO AND I AM SO SORRY. but I'm back. See y'all again in five months (lol jk hopefully soon)