Chapter 1 "It's a Meet Up"

Authors Note:

This is the first draft of my novel A Little Love. I am currently editing my novel and posting it separately from this one. 

I encourage you to first read that one here:

Follow the link in the comment

Or head on over to my profile to find it! As of December 2nd 2021, there are 27 chapters edited and should be finished by the end of the year.

Chapter 1

It's a Meet Up

Ariana

Taylor:

Ariana!

Come on!

You really should come!!!

Taylor a 'friend' was texting me trying to invite me to a club. Every bone in my body told me that going was a bad idea. Her eclectic taste for sex brought her to several events that made me feel uncomfortable.

Ariana:

What are you taking me to?

I didn't know why I even asked this question. She never gave me a straight answer.

Taylor:

It's just a little event at that club you like.

It's nothing big. I PROMISE!!

Shaking my head, I started to type a response, deleting it halfway through to give attention to the twenty-five-pound cat rubbing against me. Binx: the orange and white Maine Coon meowed at me.

"I've already fed you," I said to him. "You don't need any more food."

My cat was my best friend. You would think he was a human the way I talked to him. Pulling Binx on top of my stomach I ruffled his fur. I would have been content watching the ceiling fan rotate if it wasn't for my phone to buzz with another text message from Taylor. She had sent me multiple messages with single question marks.

Taylor often made me wonder why I was still living in America. For two years I had lived in Japan teaching English to Japanese speakers. I missed the friends that I made, and the feeling of belonging. Every spring, in Japan, Starbucks would bring their specialty Cherry Blossom Frappuccino's and they were delicious. Winter was great because it rarely dropped below zero and typically lasted only three months. Chicago on the other hand was winter from November to April, sometimes even May. Thinking about winter made me realize that it was the end of August, and it was right around the corner.

My phone buzzed again.

Taylor:

Ariana? Come onnnnnn!!!

I want a friend to come with me!

She called me her friend, but I was more of an acquaintance. The friend that comes when no one else wants to: the back-up friend. The only reason why I considered her my friend was because I didn't have many since returning to the US. The only reason I had returned was because of my strict father.