Chapter 18: A Little Mad

Chapter 18

A Little Mad

Alec

Ariana had been checking in with me like she was told to. She would send me a heart emoji every twenty minutes. It made me smile every time. I decided to stay in the area at a local coffee shop so I was only a short drive away from the bar. I didn't want to leave too far in case something bad did happen. It gave me time to work on some business stuff on my laptop.

I was repeating timers to make sure I received a message every twenty minutes. Also waiting for the picture to show she was done eating her food. After the fifth time, there was a stall in the text messages. I waited for a bit, tapping my foot with both fear and annoyance.

I was in the process of writing a lengthy text to scold her with when her named popped up on the incoming call screen. I try to answer as calmly as I can.

"Yes Prince---"

"Can you come pick me up. Like Right now?" She had cut me off before I could continue my greeting. I could hear the panic in her voice. It made my heart stop. I was grabbing my wallet and stuffing my laptop in the bag with one hand as I stood up.

I listened to her as she spoke in a hushed voice, trying to explain what was going on.

"It's okay Ariana," I try to tell her.

"He's...." She goes silent for a moment and then I hear muffled sounds as I'm getting into my car.

"Ariana honey, are you okay?" I ask again and I don't get an answer from her. "Ariana?" I say, a little louder. The phone line then went dead and, in a panic, I try phoning her again. Unfortunately, it went straight to voice mail.

Less than five-minutes later I was illegally parked outside the bar with my hazard lights on and dash inside. I looked to the "Wait to be seated sign" and ignore it, seeing the bathroom sign and heading towards it. It brought unwanted attention, but I didn't care.

Outside the bathroom hallway is a tall male in a t-shirt and jeans, knocking on the female washroom door.

"Ariana are you okay in there?" he asked. "Are we leaving to my place or not?" He seemed a little annoyed, but persistent, nonetheless. I had to resist the urge to get physical and punch him for wanting to take my little girl home with him. The guy then turns to me, noticing that I'm there.

"Woman hey? Always wanting to make us wait, trying to pretty themselves for us." He laughs.

I grit my teeth, trying to stay calm. Softly, I began to speak. "Yea... sometimes it just happens. Is that your girlfriend in there?" I decide to ask. He shook his head with a chuckle.

"Nah man. Just some girl. Me and my boys were invited by this girl Taylor," he explained, talking about how he had met Ariana and her friends. "Hey, if you're looking for a hook up, I don't mind sharing... she's really meek and shy, but she is pretty."

I take a silent deep breath in, clenching my fist behind my back. My lip curled in anger and I was stiffening. I was losing the ability to stay cool. "but right now, I'm just waiting for her to get out of this damn bathroom, she won't even open the door. I want to get my groove on tonight, I hope she's out soon, you know?"

I slowly walk up to the man, pressing myself against the wall, folding my arms to look at him. I got straight to the point.

"I'm going to make this very clear for you," I say coolly. "This girl, Ariana, waiting in that bathroom does not and did not have any intentions of leaving with you tonight. Nor would she have any intentions of 'hooking up' like you say.