Chapter 19: Phone Calls at Lunch

Chapter 19

Phone Calls at Lunch

Alec

The next day I woke up feeling fine. Went about my normal routine. But judging by the time on the clock in the kitchen, Ariana wasn't. She was probably hung over from last night. This was exactly the reason I don't want her drinking too much. It also made me wonder whether she could have stopped Jason had she had less alcohol in her system.

I made breakfast. I had made a jar of overnight oats with blueberries. I assembled it in a bowl with sliced strawberries around the edges to create a sun and layered them to make a heart in the middle for her. I set our bowls on the table before looking at my watch for the time. She should have been down here fifteen minutes ago. She needed to get ready. It was her first day back at work today after all.

I move upstairs to knock on her door to see if it would stir her.

It didn't.

Sighing I open the door to see her body have laying out of the bed. Her arms were n the ground cradling a pillow while her lower half managed to stay tangled in the blankets to keep her on the bed. "How..." I struggle to stop myself from bursting out laughing at her. But it didn't look cute. I was so confused how she managed to get into this position in the first place.

I waste no time and bend down to shake her body. "Time to get up sweet heart," I tell her. I say it with a stern voice to try and jog her memory. There was a groan that escaped her mouth, signaling that she was awake to some degree.

"Five more minutes," she said groggily.

I shook my head, shaking her a little more vigorously.

"Ariana," I say very sternly. "You need to get up now. Not in five minutes. You work today, don't you remember?" Judging by the groan she made when I told her, she didn't quite remember. I also heard her mumble something like she had a headache. When there was no movement on her part, I shook my head grabbing hold of her to lift her up.

She was for sure getting an early bedtime tonight. It would be part of her punishment.

"Come on Ariana," I say holding her limp, uncooperative body. The urge to let my hand grace her rear was so high that it made me want to shout. Thankfully I was much stronger than her and it was easy to drag her body downstairs, to the table, and onto the chair to sit.

She was still not cooperating when I sat her down.

Alright, Plan B.

I let my hands creep down to her sides and began to use a mixture of poking and tickling motions. She whined until she finally gave up.

"Fine, I'm awake," she said out loud with another large groan. She was holding her sides and sitting on her own in the chair. Accomplished, I sat down myself and used the napkin to wipe the sweat off my brow.

"Ariana..." I say, a little annoyed with her tone. I knew she was hung over, but she was milking it.

"Sorry..." she mutters. I didn't have the frame of mind to comment on her tone.

"Ariana, I can't do this every morning before you and I work. It's going to make one of us late," I comment. "Now eat your breakfast," I command. We were behind schedule. When I looked at her pick up the spoon, I thought she was going to nod off to sleep. I threw my napkin at her.