Chapter 29 - Another Holiday

As planned, Hermione boarded the Hogwarts Express, met her mum at the train station and went home. Her home was the same as usual, normal and boring. So it was a relief the next day when Sirius knocked on her door to take her to his house. She opened the door quickly and hugged him, but her brother immediately bounced over to them.

"Who are you?' He asked innocently to Sirius.

"I'm Sirius Black, you must be Josh." He smiled, surprisingly politely.

"Serious?" Josh repeated.

Sirius laughed as he nodded and invited himself into the house. "Let me meet your parents."

Thankfully, Hermione's dad had already gone to work, but her mum was eager to meet Sirius.

"You must be Hermione's friend." Her mum said to Sirius.

"Boyfriend, actually. My name is Sirius Black, and its a pleasure to meet you, ma'am."

She raised her eyebrows in interest. "Thank you. Do you want to stay a while?"

"No, we don't. Thanks mum. I'll see you next week at some point." Hermione interjected for Sirius.

Her mum rolled her eyes. "Bye Hermione. Be good. Nice to meet you Serious."

"Bye ma'am." "Bye mum." Hermione and Sirius finalized and they walked out quickly.

Hermione sighed as she closed the door. "Sorry about that."

"Nothing to be sorry for. You should see my parents! Not that you'd want to."

Sensing a tension in his voice, Hermione kissed him quickly. "You ready?" She asked.

"Always." He replied and took a hold of her hand. Together they Apparated out, as they had learnt how to the year before. Their feet touched ground again outside a collection of houses.

"Here we are." Sirius beamed.

Hermione followed Sirius through the gate of a brick house, clutching her beaded bag to her side. Sirius opened the door and invited her inside. It was surprisingly clean inside. Hermione slipped off her shoes in the tiny hall, and opened the following door into the dining room. It wasn't particularly well furnished, but it had all the necessities. A table was placed in the centre of the room, with six chairs around it. There was also a cabinet and a cupboard going into the side. The adjoining room was the Living Room. There were three sofas and one soft chair. A TV was placed in the centre back of the room, resting on a wooden desk. Shockingly for Hermione, there was a bookshelf resting against the wall. She gaped at it. "You're kidding me right?"

Sirius laughed. "Sometimes I read, you know."

Hermione smiled and carried on walking through the house. Through the living room was the kitchen, which was considerably small, and past that was the bathroom. Upstairs were two bedrooms and another bathroom. The first of the bedrooms was slightly larger than the other, and obviously belonged to Sirius. Griffindor Banners coated the walls, as well as pictures of his friends. Hermione even found herself in one of the pictures that had been taken a month before. It was her, Lily, James and Sirius. Hermione smiled at it happily. It was cute. A double bed was stationed in the centre, and Hermione found herself avoiding looking at it. There was a pull out sofa bed on the side too. The other bedroom was considerablely less spectacular, with only two Griffindor banners and the rest of the walls plain. There was one bookshelf which was almost completely empty and another two sofa beds as well as the main single bed at the side.

"I have the other beds for Prongs and that." Sirius spoke from behind her. "But this room is yours."

Hermione felt almost relief. Thank Merlin she had her own room.

"So. What do you want to do?" Sirius asked.

Hermione smiled at him. "How about you take me on a tour around here? You know, around the village and that?"

Sirius beamed. "Sure, let's go."

He entangled his hands around hers as they walked out of the house into the town centre. They circled the shops, pulling their hoods up against the increasing rain. They walked in the miserable weather, laughing at each others pathetic jokes. Then they eventually retreated back to Sirius's house. Hermione dried herself with a towel in her room and changed into her pajamas. When she was comfortable and sure she looked pretty damn cute in her dressing gown, she sat on the sofa in the living room. She curled up against Sirius as he flicked through the tv channels. Eventually they found a film to do with some apes or something. To be honest, Hermione wasn't paying any attention. She was too occupied listening to Sirius's breath slowly exhale against her head and the sound of his heartbeat as she rested her head on his chest. They passed through film after film until they both eventually fell asleep, with them perfectly content and completely in love, in every essence of the word.

AN: Okay so I realise Hermione and Sirius's relationship has really escalated! And that is how its supposed to be. Their relationship is fast and full on, and that's how I want it to come across. Thank you for reading!!