Chapter 30 - The awful night

Hermione and Sirius spent the next few days together in perfect harmony. It was just amazing. Perfect. Indescribably wonderful. They would wake up in the morning in their seperate rooms, eat their cereal, get ready, go to town or go for a walk or something, have lunch, Hermione would read as Sirius did something or other, they'd have dinner, watch a film and fall asleep either curled up on the sofa or in separate bedrooms.

With the exception of the forth night they stayed together.

On the Thursday Hermione and Sirius had invited over the other Marauders and also Lily. They had talked, drank some Butterbeer, you know the deal with 17/18 year old wizards and witches. For once, they actually acted their age - young and free and careless. Just students on a break. It was blissful. Maybe not so much the next morning, but at the time it was just perfect. James, Remus, Peter and Lily hadn't left until past 12o'clock. But even once they had gone, Hermione felt in no way tired. She and Sirius stood at the door, waving them off as they Apparated. Just as Hermione closed the door, Sirius pushed her into it. He forcefully caressed her face, running his fingers through her hair. Then he brought his lips to hers and kissed her roughly.

It was all fast heartbeats and passion. Sirius pulled Hermione into him, kissing deeper and harder as they stumbled back, colliding into walls as they made for the sofa. He pushed his mouth further into hers, kissing her so roughly it was a wonder their lips hadn't broken. He grabbed her waist, rushing his hands all over her body. His hands went to the hem of her top and he pulled it as they kissed more and more forcefully. Then he pulled it over her head, leaving her chest only covered by her bra. He caressed her chest harshly and Hermione pulled away. Immediately, Sirius crashed his lips down to hers. He stroked her bare back longingly. Then he grabbed hold of the bra clasp, he clicked it open and Hermione jumped back, collecting herself hurriedly. She clasped the bra back into place and stood a step away from him, breathing hurriedly. Sirius gave a short laugh.

"Come on babe. What's wrong? Knickers in a twist?" He laughed, his voice slightly slurred from the drink.

"I'm not going to have sex with you whilst your drunk." Hermione said a little breathlessly.

"Whaaat? Don't be ridiculous. Why wouldn't you?"

"You're drunk, and I'm a little bit too. I'm being sensible."

"Oh don't be so good! You're no fun!"

"Don't play about like this with me Black."

"That's the thing. I want to play about with you."

"Stop it Sirius. Let's just go to sleep."

"No. Why won't you? What have I done?"

"Oh so that's what all this is about! You just want to get your way with me!" Hermione shouted.

"Yeah. I do actually. So are you gonna come here or not?"

"No I'm not!"

Sirius swore violently. "What the heck is wrong with you? What have I done?"

"You're being a complete arsehole for starters!"

"Whats so had about this?"

"I don't want to!"

"Why the -insert creative swearword- not?"

"I'm not ready. And you're drunk. I don't want it to be like this."

"How can you not be ready? We're living together!"

"So that's what all of this is about? You asked me to live with you so you could have sex with me?"

"Yes!"

Hermione gaped at him. They were completely silent for a few moments.

"Was all of this a lie? Do you actually want to live with me? Do you love me at all?"

"Too many questions, hon. I'm drunk, remember?"

Hermione opened her mouth with shock. She already felt the tears stinging at her eyes. And an ache in her chest.

"Wow there Granger? Are you crying? Here let me comfort you." Sirius started. Then immediately he was kissing her again, leaning heavily against her. He pushed her back, so hard she could hardly struggle. He pushed her down onto the sofa and sat over her, his legs open and around her hips and he kissed her so roughly she struggled to breathe.

"Stop." She gasped, her voice muffled under his lips. "STOP!"

He had unzipped her trousers and looked down at her confusedly. Then he licked her nose playfully.

"No stop!" She shouted. And slapped his face as hard as she could.

Immediately, Sirius wheeled backwards. He fell of the sofa and hit his head, then passed out drunk. Hermione choked. That heartbreaking crack in her voice before she began to sob. She curled up into a ball and cried, staring at the passed out body on the floor. His hair was a scruffy mess. As were his clothes. Hermione couldn't stand looking at him for any longer. She stood up and retreated to her bedroom. She lay awake for hours, suddenly overcome with bouts of tears. Eventually she fell asleep, with her boyfriend still passed out drunk downstairs and her tearstains resting on her face a reminder of their ordeal.

AN: OMG I'M SO SORRY WHAT HAVE I DONE I HAD THIS GREAT PLAN WHERE EVERYTHING WAS HAPPY AND THEN THIS JUST HAPPENED AND I OH. IM SORRY. AND ALSO I'M SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATE. I WANTED TO KEEP Y'ALL HAPPY FOR AS LONG AS I COULD :')