Chapter 36 - The Order of The Phoenix

Hermione woke the next evening by the whispers of someone standing at her bedside. Hermione drowsily told them she was sleeping.

"Hermione! Its me."

Instantly, Hermione sat up, blinking sleep out of her eyes.

"Sirius?" She whispered.

"Yeah. How are you?" He asked quietly.

Hermione slipped out from underneath her covers and stood facing him. In the darkness she could only make out his outline. Her eyes shrank into slits as she glared at him.

"Hermione..." He breathed.

Immediately she flung herself at Sirius who stood frozen. She attacked him with her fists, kicking at his shins and pulling at his hair. For perhaps thirty seconds of serious bruising and pain Hermione just screamed with every smack, hit and punch she threw at him, before Sirius finally grabbed her wrists. With the force that Hermione was so familiar with, Sirius pushed her wrists down to her sides. His fingers too tightly clasped on her for her to manage to release herself from his grip. She tried to pull herself away and kicked out furiously. Sirius brought her closer to keep her legs at a closer distance. Then she stopped. She collapsed into Sirius, sobbing into his chest. Sirius held her painfully close with one hand pushing her head into his higher chest. His other hand he pressed onto the lower of her back, keeping her fitted there as he whispered her name repeatedly. Hermione's tears wetted his shirt through to his skin. She whispered curse words into his shirt. Thumping him weakly with her fist as she sobbed uncontrollably. Sirius touched his mouth against her head as he rocked her gently. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he whispered through mouthfuls of hair. Hermione rested her body weight on him as she pushed her head into him. Slowly, Sirius sat down on her hospital bed, stroking her hair and kissing the top of her head softly. Finally, Hermione snapped away from him and whirled backwards.

"You! You don't talk to me for months, you date another girl and then all of a sudden your saving me like some fairytale hero? What's wrong with you?" She shouted, backing away and clinging at a different person's set of drawers for support.

"Hermione..." He whispered gently.

"No! Don't 'Hermione' me! I don't fall for that kind of crap! You think that carrying me away from the Death Eaters means that I'll just automatically forgive you?"

Sirius struggled for words. He nodded sheepishly at her question. "I did save your life."

"After ruining it for a few months!"

"What do you want me to say?" Sirius snapped.

Hermione glared at him, sputtering for words for a few moments. "I want you to be sorry- genuinely sorry."

"I am!"

"Oh so you're really sorry for being able to shag that Ravenclaw girl for a month. You missed me that much?"

"Yeah. I did! I only dated her to make you jealous!"

"Real mature, Black. Trying to break two girl's hearts at the same time!"

"It wasn't like that."

"That's EXACTLY what it was like!" Hermione shouted.

Sirius slammed his fist against a chest of drawers.

"Why can't you be a normal girl who can get-over-it?!" He hissed, breathing every word dangerously slow.

"Oh get out of my face. You seem all perfect when you're there sleeping soundly, but then as soon as you start talking I remember how much of an idiot you really are."