TPAM: Chapter 5

Maddy

First day of school. I can't believe it!

It's been a month since my move in the Philippines, and now, I'm going back to school! Funny, but I've missed that feeling.

Ever since the accident, I've been homeschooled by Uncle D.

O diba, all-around siya!

Aside from I was still recovering from the physical and emotional wounds it caused me, it's the safest option for me. Hindi pa kasi nahuhuli yung mastermind that time.

But now, since nakakulong na yung mga gumawa nun, I've finally convinced Uncle D, my grandparents, and Tita to let me attend school, or the university rather. Although, they much preferred that I attend school far from Europe. Hence, I'm here in Asia.

Malayo from the prying eyes, and as Uncle D said before, walang nakakakilala saken dito.

That's good, right?!!

I quickly got up after saying my morning prayer, took a bath, and then picked out my outfit which I prepared last night.

I took one last look in the mirror, and then headed downstairs to have breakfast.

"Good morning!" I greeted.

"Goood morning!" They all replied. "Kain na, Maddy. I made your favorite, omelette with lots of cheese & mushroom." Sabi ni Tita.

"Thanks, Tita!" I said, and then turned to Kuya Luke. "So, you're dropping me off to school. Right?!"

"Yes, but just today. I know you can drive, and you already have a license. So tomorrow, you're on your own kiddo."

"But I don't have a car!" And then he tossed something to me. Car keys. Great.

"Now, you don't have any excuse not to drive. And don't pull that 'card' I know you're gonna pull. We all know you're wayyyyy passed that." He said while flipping the morning paper he's been reading for quite a while now.

Ugh. Akala ko makakalusot. But yeah, he's right. After 4 years of reflecting (and therapy), I've finally got over my fear of driving. Funny, I wasn't even driving during the accident ('cause I'm not legal yet to drive), but that has always been my reason why I was so afraid to even learn how to drive!

Thankfully, I got over that. Also because they won't allow me to commute, and they're not too keen on driving me to and from school. Ang sweet, diba?! Kaya I was forced to learn how to drive.

Yep, FORCED is the correct term!

I didn't bother to ask what car is it or when they bought it. I will deal with that tomorrow. For now, I'm gonna enjoy being a passenger for the last time, at least.