TPAM: Chapter 6

Elijah

First day of school. Great.

Summer went on like a blur. One minute, you're at the beach or traveling with your friends, or just sleeping in the whole day. The next thing you know, school's at it again!

Oh well, one more year. And then I'm done!

I'm on my third year now, taking up Information Technology. I've always wanted to take that course. Probably because I'm into computer programming, and I'd like to develop something that could revolutionize our technology further. Lalim ba? Or maybe because my family owns one of the biggest software companies in the world. Or maybe both. I don't know really.

All I know is... I'm too early for school! Which is very unusual, to be honest.

Wala pa masyadong tao, that's why I was able to walk around the campus without causing a commotion. Sometimes I like the attention, sometimes I don't. It really depends. Pero in general, I like it. I mean, who wouldn't?! Being the most popular in school, people worshiping you and not getting in your way. I guess that's one of the perks of being the son and only heir of a billionaire.

I decided to go to my first class, which is actually a subject usually taken during your second year in the university. But I skipped it for reasons I'm still not sure until now.

I came into the room and saw a familiar face by the window. Si Miss Hypnotic Eyes!

Wait, what?! No! Si Miss Engot! Yep, yun dapat ang itawag sa kanya. Umayos ka, Eli!

She seems pre-occupied, just staring outside the window. Daydreaming perhaps?

I walked towards her to somehow catch her attention. But nothing. So I said, "You're in my seat." Well, it's not really my seat, obviously. Gusto ko lang talaga siyang asarin. After what she did to my face, it's payback time!

And then she looked at me, with those beautiful almond eyes... Get a grip, Eli! Focus! I told myself internally.

"Uhm, it's the first day of school. And as far as I know, nobody owns this seat. So go find someone else to bother!" She blurted, eyebrows raised at me.

"Okay, since obviously you're new here, let me brief you on how things work around here." I leaned forward, slowly closing the gap between our faces and said, "When I say this is my seat, THIS IS MY SEAT. What I want is what I get. Clear?!"

"Nope." Then she turned to the window again.

"Oi miss, anong hindi klaro sayo? Don't you know who I am?!" I almost yelled. She's starting to get on my nerves. And somehow, I'm starting to think that my plan is slowly backfiring at me.

"Hoy engot! Just because umuubra yang arte mo sa ibang tao doesn't mean it will work on me as well!" She yelled back as she stood up, our faces almost an inch apart.

I froze. Damn, what is happening to me! And then I realized, she just called me engot! The hell!

I was about to say something ng may biglang umakbay saken. It's Nico.

"Hey! Tama na yan! It's the first day of school. Nang-aaway ka nanaman!" He said, and then turned to face Miss Engot. "I'm sorry for my friend's behavior. Kulang lang sa TLC 'to. By the way, I'm Nico. And you are?" He offered his hand, initiating a handshake.

"Maddy." She replied while accepting Nico's hand. "And please, pakisabi diyan sa kaibigan mo to bother someone else. I have low tolerance for immature people." She added as she sat down and stared outside the window again.

"Sinong imma—" I didn't get to say what I was about to say dahil hinila na ko ni Nico palabas.

"What the hell, man!" I snarled.

"Really, Eli? First day of the semester and you're torturing someone again? At babae pa talaga?"

"I'm not torturing her. I'm just trying to teach her a lesson, after what she did to me!"

"And what lesson is that exactly?" He asked while raising a brow at me.

"That she should know her place, na alam niya dapat kung sino yung kinakabangga niya. She should learn how to kneel!"

"You're unbelievable, you know that?!" Pailing na sabi ni Nico.

"Hey, I'm the heir to a billion dollar company. People should learn how to respect me, and that includes her! And I'm gonna teach her exactly how." I said smirking.

"Ewan ko sa'yo! C'mon! Skip your first class and let's grab something to eat, para mahimasmasan ka kahit papano!" He said while wrapping his arm around my neck.

"Fine" was all that I said. I guess skipping the first class is not a bad idea. Besides, I need to come up with a game plan kung pano mapapaamo si Miss Engot.

This should be fun.

*******************************************
A/N:
Whew! Nairaos! 😝🤣

To be honest, medyo nahirapan ako sa chapter na 'to. So pasensya kung medyo sabaw. And please excuse the title as well. Wala na kong maisip na iba. And I think medyo valid paren naman since sa POV ni Eli, engot din si Madel. (At syempre inexplain ko talaga. Lols.)

Hopefully sa next chapter, di na ako mahirapan! Lols. 🙏🏽

Thank you again for reading! And I hope nag-eenjoy pa kayo! 🤸🏻‍♀️🤘🏽