TPAM: Chapter 21

Maddy

Finally! One more week and the semester is over!

Ang bilis talaga ng panahon. One day, we were just talking and convincing my family to let me move to the Philippines and continue my studies here. And before you know it, I'm already halfway on finishing a school year.

Final exams na lang ang pinoproblema namen. We already passed the group case study we've been working on since last week. Kaya ngayon, we can relax for the weekend before the finals. And since maaga kame natapos at wala ng masyadong deadline, we get to leave as early as Friday.

As Eli mentioned, he's taking me somewhere. And I still have no idea kung saan.

Pumayag naman sila Tita na umalis kame for the weekend. On the condition na kasama si Uncle David. O diba, ang saya!

Naiintindihan ko naman sila. It's not like wala silang tiwala kay Eli. But one of the conditions my grandparents gave when they allowed me to come here is that Uncle David will never leave my side. Especially when I'm travelling out of town or country. For safety reasons, of course.

Buti na nga lang at napapayag ko sila na hindi ako bantay sarado sa school or when I go out with friends. Kaya kahit papano, malaya ko paring nagagawa yung mga gusto ko.

But going out of town is another story.

Kaya eto kame ngayon, may chaperone. To God knows where. All I know is we're going somewhere with saltwater. That's why I'm so excited!

Saltwater means ocean. Ocean means I get to surf! Well hopefully, the waves are strong for me to do it.

It's been a while since I've surfed.

Back home in Nice, my brother and I used to go to the beach. A lot!

We spend our time swimming, surfing, cliff diving, and every other water activities available. We were free to do whatever we want.

When the accident happened and I went into hiding, I haven't been somewhere with water. Well, ocean that is. All we have in the house we've stayed for almost four years is a pool and a lake just a few kilometers away.

Kaya sobrang saya ko when I found out that Eli's taking me to the beach. Not really sure where exactly. He's been really secretive about it. But knowing him, I know I won't be disappointed.

I'm almost done prepping for the trip when I heard Tita called me from downstairs. Dumating na daw si Eli.

I checked myself one last time in the mirror, grabbed my things, and quickly went down to meet them.

"Hey Maddy." Eli greeted me with his gorgeous smile. "Are you ready?"

"Naman! Excited na kong mag-babad at mag-water activities!" I exclaimed.

"Well, where we are going has a lot of that. For sure mag-eenjoy ka."

"What are we waiting for? Tara na!!!" I tugged his arm as I motioned him to the door.

"Enjoy you guys! So bummed I couldn't come with you." Kuya Luke frowned.

I rolled my eyes. "Kuya, tama na yung isang chaperone. Wag kang ano!"