TPAM: Chapter 11

Maddy

It's been two weeks now since I agreed to be Elijah's instant P.A. Quite frankly, I can handle anything he asks me to do. Di naman ganun kahirap, and to be honest, I'm quite enjoying myself. A little.

At least, I have something to do.

I get bored easily at home these days. After school kasi, wala akong nakakasama sa bahay. Kuya and Matty have been busy with work and school, respectively, that even on weekends e wala sila sa bahay. Even Tita and Uncle D are busy at the cafe, while Tito Ben is on a business trip abroad.

So ang ending, it's either I hung out at Tita's cafe or umuwi sa bahay. It's usually the latter since the cafe's always packed during the night, even on weekdays.

Kaya okay na din ito, running errands and all. At isa pa, ayokong ipakita sa gunggong na yun na I'm a quitter, or na nahihirapan ako, sometimes. I must maintain my tough-cookie exterior.... at all times.

Speaking of errands, he ordered me to pick up some documents from his Dad's office and bring them to the loft at uni. That bastard forgot to mention, or did not care to mention at all, na sobrang dami nung pinapakuha niya.

I was on my way to the loft when suddenly...

*blag*

I bumped into someone and fell on the floor, along with the piles of paper.

"Are you okay?" That person said, and when I look up, I saw Sam.

So he goes here?

"Sam?" My forehead creased. He just smiled at me. "Ah yeah, I'm okay." I answered habang pinupulot isa isa yung mga nagkalat na papel.

"That's a lot of documents! Saan mo dadalhin ang mga 'to?!" He asked while helping me pick up the papers.

"Thank you!" I said as he handed me the rest. "Kay Elijah. He asked me to get this from his Dad's office."

"Wait. Eli? But why?"

"Umm, I'm his new P.A." I smiled awkwardly.

"What a child." I heard him mumble while shaking his head. "How long have you been doing this?"

"For two weeks na. Wait, do you know h-–," and then I realized, "You're Samuel? One of his best friends and owner of this school?"

"Unfortunately, yes. And nope, I'm not the owner. My parents are."

"Right." I chuckled a little. "Anyway, I better get going. Baka mapagalitan pa ako ng amo ko. See you around, Sam." I waved before I turned around and started walking. I heard he was about to say something, but I continued on my tracks. I felt my phone vibrating and I know exactly who's calling. That's why I almost ran to the loft.

"What took you so long!" Bungad saken ni Elijah, arms crossed and tapping his foot.

"Ang dami kaya nito! Why don't you try getting them yourself!" I challenged him. Kung hindi ba naman isa't kalahating engot 'to.

"Hey, watch it! Baka may nakakalimutan ka?!" He said, raising his thick brow at me. Ahitin ko yan eh!

"Sorry na po, SIR! Ang dami po kasi nito, SIR! E dalawa lang naman po kamay ko, SIR! Don't worry, next time po magpapadagdag na ako ng extrang kamay para mas mabilis ko magawa yung inuutos niyo saken.... SIR!"