TPAM: Chapter 14

Elijah

Weekend again. The most awesome time of the week.

It's been a busy few days lately at uni. Malapit na din kasi ang homecoming party, that's why people there are pretty stressed out. Homecoming is very big here, parang high school prom lang. I don't know why they make a big fuss about it, really. Even my two idiot friends are stressing about it.

Well, Nico and Sam are part of the committee. Nico's in charge of the overall party; he likes to organize this kind of event. While Sam, he's in charge of the music. He's a DJ (as hobby) and a professional pianist and violinist. He tours around the world during school breaks to perform at different musical theatres. Astig diba?

Kaya kahit palagi akong pinagkakaisahan ng dalawang 'to, I'm proud of their achievements. We're still in school pero yung mga na-achieve nila outside of their family's fortune is truly admirable and commendable.

I can't say the same for myself though. Well, it's my choice to begin with. I've always been focused on immersing myself in our family's company. My parents didn't pressure me, unlike the other parents or families with the same background as us. I just think that it's my job to continue the family's legacy, at na mas lalo pa itong palaguin. I don't want my parents' hardwork be put to waste. Kaya, mas pinili ko ito kesa i-pursue yung iba pang gusto kong gawin sa buhay. Kung ano yun? I really don't know.

I came down from my room to see an almost empty house. As usual, my parents are on another business trip, kaya ang kasama ko lang e yung mga helpers. And my dogs.

"Hey bud." I pet one of my dogs as soon as he came to me. He's a golden retriever named Yuki, a gift from my parents.

"Wanna go for a walk?" I asked while grabbing his leash. He barked in response.

We went to the park just outside the village. The same park where I first met Miss Sunget.

I haven't seen her that much in uni, except during our class together

I haven't seen her that much in uni, except during our class together. Other than that, wala kame masyadong encounter. Somehow, I miss our banter. Ewan ko ba.

Yuki and I walked to our usual spot to play frisbee. It's his favourite activity. We went back and forth with the throwing and catching when suddenly, I threw the frisbee a bit far back of the park. Yuki went on to get it, but I followed him since sobrang layo nung narating e baka mamaya may kumuha pa sa kanya. He's too special and I cannot afford to lose him.

I was running as fast as I could until I finally reached him. And then, I saw someone petting him. A girl.

I walked towards them, hanggang sa tumayo yung babae and turned my way..... It's her!

"Umm, hey!" Maddy said in a cheerful tone, which surprised me. "Is this your dog?" She asked while still playing with Yuki.