1

Mary's Point of View
I love my Godparents. And I love Bash and Lily. But I don't want to live with them. I want to stay in my home. The one place that still reminds of my parents in every way. But I understand that I can't just live there alone. Bash and I are in the same grade so I hope that'll help me make some friends but that is unlikely, I don't want to force him to let me hang out with him. Meanwhile Lily is 9 and thinks I'm literally the coolest person in the world. As my grandpa pulled into their house I couldn't help me feel my stomach drop. "Ready, peanut?" He asked smiling "Yes." I smiled, I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to be a reck but I still need to be strong. We got out of the car and got my luggage out. Anna, Simon, and Lily were waiting outside. I took a deep breath then opened the door. "Mary! I missed you!" Lily ran up to me and hugged me "I missed you too Lily, but now we're going to spend lots of time together" I smiled at her. "Mary we are so happy to have you!" Simon hugged me "Here let's get you inside love, the sales girl helped us pick out a bunch of decorations for your room. If you don't like anything just let me know and we'll go return it all." Anna said "Anna that is not needed at all, but i'm sure i'll love it." I said hugging her "We moved Bash up stairs, you're in the basement. There is a kitchen and full bathroom down there so you can have your space." Simon said "That is so kind of you but I don't want to put Bash out." I said "Oh don't worry about him." Anna said "Come on I want to show you your room" Lily pulled me inside. Their house is so nice, i've been here a million times. That part is comforting. We walked down the stairs, we walked past the kitchen then movie and game room into my bedroom. It was very cute, very boho, lots of light colors. They did good, I love it. "Can we hang out once you get unpacked? Maybe do face masks?" Lily asked eagerly "Sure Lily, I'd love nothing more." I smiled at her. "Except Bash is having his football friends over tonight, they will be really loud so we will have to go to my room." She said giggling. "What's with the giggling?" I laughed "They are so cute." She smiled from ear to ear. "Oh my god Lily, stop it, You're too young for that" I smiled "But they are so cute" She smiled "Oh I missed you lily" I wrapped my arm around her, Simon and Anna came in with all my bags. "Thank you, and by the way I love my room." I smiled "Oh i'm so glad, we are so happy to have you here. I know I already said that but I am!" Anna hugged me. "I'm happy to be here too Anna." I hugged her back.