10

Francis's point of view
My mom isn't doing very well. her nurse has been spending the night. she's been coughing blood and worse. she took some pills and she's finally asleep. I need Mary right now. With Olivia I couldn't even just hold her. It was all sexual. Blow jobs in the bathroom, sex in closets, and making out at lockers. I would never subject Mary to any of that. she deserves better than me. she's the only girl I've ever had to truly fight for. she doesn't make it easy but i don't like easy anymore. My dad was asleep with my mom. I texted Mary. 'hey can i come pick you up?' I'm so happy we told each other that we loved each other. I've been wanting to say that for so long, I was really scared she wouldn't say it back. 'sure, where are we going?' She texted back 'it's a surprise, dress warm. i'll be there in 15.' I said. I put on what Mary likes to call my "usual" outfit of sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I grabbed blankets and pillows and some snacks. I grabbed my keys and went outside to my car, I threw all the stuff in the trunk then went and drove to Mary's house. She was waiting at the drive way in a my sweatshirt that went half way down her thighs and leggings. "Hi" She smiled "Hi beautiful" I smiled "Stop" She blushed opening the door. She got in and put her seat belt on. I put my hand on her thigh. "Ready?" I asked "Yes, let's go." She held the hand I had placed on her thigh. "How was your day today?" I asked "Good, I went and got my nails done with Lily and Anna. Then did some shopping." She said "Let me see your nails." I said, she showed me her nails, she always gets acrylics because she says her fingers look chubby with out them. "They are very pretty." I said "Thank you, how was your day?" She asked "Tiring, I did yard work with my dad all day." I said "Did you do it shirtless and in the those shorts that make your butt look good?" She laughed "No, it's too cold to go shirtless. But yes I wore the shorts that make my butt look good." I laughed. I turned into a hidden driveway in the woods, you wouldn't be able to see it unless you were looking for it. "Are you taking me here to murder me?" She laughed. "No, you'll see." I smiled. At the end of the driveway I stopped the car and shut it off. "Come on we have to walk from here." I said getting out. "Um I did not dress for walking." She held up her foot on which was a slipper. "Oh you'll be fine, it'll be worth it I promise." I said "What's in the bag?" She asked "That's also a surprise." I said as she walked over and linked arms with me. "Murder weapons?" She asked "And cleaning supplies for after." I laughed "Shut up." She bumped me with her shoulder. "I love you." I said "I love you too." She smiled. After a few minutes we got there. My mother used to take me here, it's a hill top where you can see the the whole town. "Francis this is so beautiful." She said "Isn't it? My mother used to take me here." I said laying down the blanket. I put pillows on top and then another blanket for us to lay under. "Is this for me?" She smiled "Yes, I thought we could lay and watch the stars together." I said "Well look at you, you little romantic." She smiled "Only for you." I kissed her. She laid down on the blanket. I laid next to her and held her hand. "I need to tell you something." She said "What is it?" I tucked her hair behind her ear. "I'm not just staying with Anna and Simon for a few months." Oh god she's going to tell me. "About 10 months ago a drunk driver hit my parents and I. I survived some how and they didn't. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner." She said "No Mary don't apologize." I rubbed her shoulder up and down. "You're not mad?" Tears fell down her face. "No, No Mary I could never be mad at you. I love you, thank you for telling me." I used my sleeve to wipe away her tears. "I miss them so much." She cried "I know it's okay." I held her close and she cried into my chest. She pulled away and wiped her tears. "And 3 weeks after they died I found out Grant had been sleeping with my friend, Lola, for months." She said. "Well that makes me hate him more than I already do. What a prick." I said "Yes he is." She said "Want me to beat him up?" I smiled, trying to lighten the mood. "I shouldn't have to ask you to do that you should just do it." She laughed. "Come here." I pulled her on top of me and kissed her forehead. "Ever since I lost my parents nothing has really felt like home, but you do." She said "You feel like my home too." I said, she got on top of me and sat in my lap. "Well this is a prettier view than any skyline." I smiled, she leaned down and kissed me.