3

Mary's Point of View
I got ready to go to this stupid party. I don't want to go. "Hey, almost ready?" Bash's girlfriend, Kenna, asked. "Yes, i'm ready." I said sliding my ring onto my finger. "Don't be nervous. It'll be fun." She smiled. "Yeah i'm sure it will." I smiled. We walked up to Bash's truck and I got in the back seat. I sat in the back in silence while Kenna and Bash chatted in the front. It's already 11 I can't figure out why we're going to this party. Once we arrived at the house we all walked out and went inside. "Come find me if you need anything, okay?" Kenna smiled, I nodded. As soon as they left Bash's friend, Alec, came over to me. He moved his arm above me against the wall. "Here I got this for you." He handed me a drink. "Alec get off her." Francis said "I'll come find you later okay?" Alec said then walked off. "Alec is my friend but I wouldn't drink that." He laughed. "Oh I wasn't planning on it." I smiled "You look tired." He said "I am, I went to the gym then got back from a 4 mile run to find out Anna wanted me to go to this party." I said "Okay, do you want to get out of here?" He asked "Will you take me home?" I asked "I will take you wherever you want me to take you." He said "Is there anywhere around here with good burgers?" I asked "Yes I know a place." He smiled "And you're sober?" I asked "Yes" He smiled "Prove it, come on let's go outside." I smiled, He opened the door for me. "Okay what would you like me to do?" He asked "Walk in a straight line." I smiled, he did it grinning from ear to ear. "Sing your abc's backwards." I smiled "Um, okay give me a second. ZYX, um okay to be fair I feel like the normal person can't do this at all." He smiled "I can." I smiled "Oh really, do it" He laughed "No I can't do it." I smiled "Exactly, now let me take you do go get food please." He said "Okay fine, but you're paying." I said "That was the plan love." He said "Don't call me that." I laughed "Why not, love?" He smiled opening the car door for me. "Because I asked so kindly not to." I smiled "Fair enough." He smiled closing the door. He went over and got in the drivers seat. It's actually like very clean in here, like spotless. He put one hand on the steering wheel and one hand on the back on my seat. I don't know why but that is so attractive. "Why didn't you drink tonight?" I asked "I don't like how I get when i'm drunk, so I don't drink." He said "Oh." I said "I have a question for you." He said "Okay what is it?" I replied "Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked "Why?" I started laughing "It's very important for me to know." He smiled "I had a boyfriend at my old school, but we aren't together anymore." I said "Why's that?" He asked "Nope, you only get one question." I laughed "That's just not fair." He smiled pulling into a diner. "Lucky for you I don't really care if it's fair. Is this the place?" I said as he parked "Yep." He said getting out of the car. He came over and opened the door for me "You know you don't have to do that, I can open it." I said "I'm a gentleman, let me me one." He smiled, I got out. We walked inside. "Well hello Francis, you're here later than usual." An elderly waitress said "Well Beth that's because I wanted to see you." He smiled "Oh stop you little flirt, pick any table." She smiled "Come on" He led me over to the table. "Is that your girlfriend?" I smiled "No, my family and I get take out most nights from here." He said "Is it really that good?" I asked "No, no not really." He laughed "So do you have a girlfriend?" I asked "That's complicated." He said "I have time." I smiled "I'm just not the relationship type." He said "Oh wow, that's really deep." I started laughing "What are you laughing for?" He asked "Because you are just so" I said then paused "So what?" He asked "So much like every other boy." I said "No i'm not." He said, Beth came over to take our order. "Just my usual please Beth." He smiled handing her his menu. "Just a burger and fries please." I said handing her my menu. "That'll be right out." She smiled "You know 'i'm not the relationship type' is just a justification for you to sleep with a bunch of girls and then fuck them over." I said "I've only slept with two women, one of whom was yes a hook up but the other is with the girl who things are complicated with." He said "How are they complicated?" I asked "We fight a lot, it really depends on the day if she has broken up with me or not." He said "That sounds very healthy." I laughed. "Yep it is." He laughed as well. "Okay here we are." Beth sat down our food. "Thank you very much." I said diving right into my food. "Thank you Beth, you can keep the change." Francis said handing her a $50 bill. Dinner was maybe $20. I don't know if he is just a ridiculous tipper or he is trying to impress me. "How's your food?" He asked "Mhm it's very good." I said with a full mouth, he laughed. "So which is it right now?" I asked "I don't understand what you mean." He said "Right now the girl, are things on or off?" I asked "They are off right now." He said "So do you go out and flirt with lots of girls like this when you two are on a break?" I asked "You are just looking for a reason to not like me aren't you?" He said "No that's not what i'm trying to do-" I said before he cut me off "It's okay, you seemed like you really didn't want to be at that party so I wanted to help. It was a scheme it was just me being nice." He said "I'm sorry" I said "Don't be." He said finishing up his food. "So maybe I should get your number, just in case I need you to pick me up anywhere else." I said with a little smile "You are just confusing the hell out of me." He laughed then gave his phone to me, I put my contact in. "Are you going to come to our game Friday?" He asked "Yes, to support Bash." I said "Not to see me play?" He smiled "Nope not that at all." I laughed, we talked and finished eating then he drove me back home. Opening and closing all the doors for me along the way. "You should come over after the game." He said. "Now why would I do that." I smiled "To spend more time with me of course." He smiled getting out of the car and coming to open the door for me. "I'll think about it." I said "I'll take those chances." He said as we walked to the door. "It was nice hanging out with you tonight." I smiled "Now I feel like this would be the part where I kissed you" He smiled "Except it isn't." I opened the door. "Still confusing the hell out of me." He shook his head. "I'll see you at school. Goodnight." I smiled "Goodnight Mary." He smiled, I closed the door. He's definitely trouble, but he's just so handsome. and kind. and sweet.