6

Francis's point of view
I sat in the library studying. Olivia came over and sat across from me. "What, Olivia?" I asked "I wanted to talk." She said "I don't think that's a good idea." I said "I miss you, Francis. What we had, you can't just throw that away." She said. "I may have not ended things the best way, but Olivia I truly have no feelings for you anymore." I said "So that's just it?" Olivia asked, touching my hand. "Yes, it is." I pulled my hand away. I saw Mary walk over to the table. "Hey, we're still on for a tutoring session today, right?" She smiled "Yes, yes we are." I smiled. Olivia looked her up and down then stood up and whispered to me. "Call me later." She walked away. "What was that about?" Mary asked "She just wanted to talk, about us." I replied, she sat next to me. "Oh." She opened her book. "Hey," I looked to make sure no one was around then held her hand. "I want absolutely nothing to do with her." I said "I believe you, doesn't mean it still doesn't make me jealous." She said "You're so pretty." I smiled "Stop it, let's study." She said "I have something to ask you." I said "What is it?" She asked "Do you want to come over tonight and have dinner with my parents?" I asked "Are you sure? You have barley said a word about them, and i've never met them." She said "Yes I'm sure, yes we've only been dating for a couple weeks but you're very special to me and I want you to meet them." I said "Okay then i'll be there. What time? What should I wear? Do I need to bring anything?" She spit out question after question at me. "Mary, you'll look beautiful in anything, just bring your amazing self, and 6 o'clock." I said "I'm excited." She smiled "So am I." I smiled, we spent last period studying and then I went home to talk to my mom. I saw her nurse's car there. I walked upstairs to her room where her nurse was changing her iv drip. "Hello." I smiled laying next to her on the bed. "How was school?" She asked "Good, I invited Mary over for dinner." I said "The Mary you've been talking to me about?" She asked "Yes, she's coming at 6 o'clock." I said "Oh my gosh, we have to clean the house up and we have to cook!" She sat up. "The cleaning lady's came yesterday so the house is clean, and I'll cook." I said "Oh you will?" She let out a laugh. "Yes, I am making spaghetti and meat balls. And some garlic bread." I said "Okay well still I need to look presentable. That will take hours." She said "You look beautiful, plus Mary won't care." I said "Well she might not but I do, you better get to work on this dinner." She said. "Okay, get some rest." I kissed her forehead. After a few hours of cooking and setting up it was time for Mary to come over. I put on a collared shirt and dress pants, if I know Mary I know she'll be over dressed. I heard the garage open and my dad came in. "Hey, your mom said a girl is coming over for dinner." He said "Yes, her name is Mary, she's coming over in about 5 minutes." I said, My mom came down the stairs, wearing a red dress and a matching red and black scarf over her mostly bald head. "Cathrine, you look so beautiful." My father went over and kissed her. I heard the doorbell ring. I haven't told Mary about my Moms cancer. I didn't know how to, I should have told her earlier but now it's too late. I opened the door and Mary was wearing a dark purple dress, it was short sleeve and hugged her figure, it went about down to her mid thighs. Her long black her flowed into curls. "Is everything okay?" She smiled holding a container of cookies. "You're just so pretty." I said, she blushed. I closed the door behind me. "I need to tell you something before we go in." I said "Okay, what is it?" She asked, before I could respond my Dad opened the door. "You must be the famous Mary we hear all about." He smiled "I suppose I am, it's so nice to meet you." She smiled "Come on in, my wife is so excited to meet you." He said, we went inside. Mary didn't look surprised when she saw my mom. "Mrs.Valois, it is amazing to see you, you look stunning." She smiled "Oh thank you Mary, Francis has told us so much about you." My mom said "Why don't you guys go set the table, I need to talk to Mary." I said "Sure, Mary i'll take those." My dad took the container of cookies from her. I led Mary to the bathroom and closed the door. "I am so sorry." I said "It's okay Francis, I know you haven't told anyone. You were sleeping and I saw texts from your mom telling you her chemo went well. I never said anything because i wanted to wait for you to talk to me." She said "So you're not mad?" I asked "No, no I'm not mad." She kissed me. "Let's get back out there, I've got a lot of sucking up to do." She laughed "You don't need to suck up, they obviously love you already." I said "Well when I'm done with them they will be wishing I was their daughter." She smiled "Well that would be weird that would make us siblings." I laughed then kissed her. "Come on let's go." She opened up the door. We walked out to the dining room. "Now Mary, Francis made dinner tonight so if it's nasty you let us know and we will order take out." My mom laughed. "I may not be a good cook but I can promise this is good." I laughed pulling Mary's chair out for her, she sat down. "I'll be the judge of that." Mary laughed.