Leone Abbacchio - i dont need your help

Some bad language from Mista, so be warned.

Bruno walked into the restaurant before me, but I could still hear what he says to the rest of the gang.

"Since we've been having a lot of serious injuries, I was forced to enlist a new member to help treat our wounds. She will accompany us on important and dangerous missions and be home to treat anything else. Everyone meet (y/n)." I assumed this was my cue and walk out to see a round table of mafia misfits, all eyeing me with suspicion.

"She's been a part of the gang for a few years and is know as one of the best nurses in the gang," Bruno says to try and warm them up to me a little. The boy with golden rings in his hair stands and greets me first.

"Welcome to the team, I'm Giorno Giovanna," he simply says with the hint of a smile and a firm handshake.

"Thank you, Giorno, I hope I can be helpful... I hope I can help all of you," I spoke for the first time, getting a few reactions. The next to come up is the excited boy who I soon find out is Narancia, followed by two others. One with a suit covered in holes and the other wearing a cheetah print cropped sweater, Fugo and Mista.

"It's good to know I won't be the only girl around," I say to the young lady who approaches me after those boys.

"I'm Trish, nice to meet you," she says seeming to not be one of many words. That soon leaves one dark and brooding man left at the table. His heavy and skeptical gaze making me feel like I was drowning. Not to mention being intimidated by his handsomeness and stature as he rises from the table.

"I won't need your help," he sneers as he passes me. My feeling of early acceptance being squashed with one comment.

"Don't worry, he's always been cold, he doesn't like newcomers very much," Bruno erasures with a gentle hand on my shoulder. The whole gang began to move towards a car to travel back to our base and I'm berated with questions about everything and anything about me, mainly asked by Narancia and Mista. Once we arrive, I'm given a tour and shown to my bare room next to the cold Abbacchio lair. I was allowed to store my things in the trunk of our transportation, I only brought the three suitcases I needed. Clothes, other personal items, and all of my medical supplies. They couldn't go to a regular emergency room since we were in the largest gang in Italy, and the few 'trusted' doctors weren't very trustable.

In the next few weeks we got a few missions, none dangerous enough for me to come along, but I was always needed when everyone came home. A cut on Narancia's arm, a broken finger on Fugo, and several bullets out of Mista. Bruno had a large cut that needed more attention than the quick fix from Sticky Fingers, but Abbacchio had been hurt a few times but refused any help.

After a mission that was deemed 'not dangerous' took a deadly turn, I revived a frantic call from Bruno informing me that Abbacchio had several bullet wounds and many deep slashes. I prepare everything I need in record time in the front room and anxiously wait for their arrival. Once they screech in Abbacchio is surprisingly still conscious.

"I set up in the front room, I need to get started right away," I frantically tell everyone currently keeping him upright.

"I don't need help, get off of me," he protests though his speech wavers in his normal strength. I could tell he was fighting to stay awake.

"Abbacchio, you're in bad shape and you might die," I plead with him to try and keep him alive.

"I said I don't need help," he intimidates with all the strength he had left. He was standing right near my medical setup, so I had to use everything I had. I call out my stand 'Keep Yourself Alive' and start my evaluation. My stand enters an injured person body and shows me every injury, but it makes the affected person pass out. This was the first time the gang had seen my stand and seen the effects it had, quite shocking.

"What the fuck (y/n), what did you do," screamed Mista with agreeable grumbling from the others.

"If I hadn't used my stand he would have died, I did what I had to do," I yell as I begin dealing with the worst of his injuries, a severed artery. After hours of fixing bullet holes, deep slashes, actually reattaching his hand, I take him to his room while he's still unconscious. After a few hours of bated breath, I hear a commotion in the room next to mine. I release a sigh of relief until I hear a knock on my door. I open the door to see a flustered Abbacchio, "I need to talk to you." I accept and let him sit on my bed to talk.

"I said I didn't need your help but you knocked me out and fixed all of my injuries," he says not looking me in the eyes.

"Why," he looks me in my eyes. I look at him trying to decipher his emotions and motives.

"I wasn't going to sit and watch you die," it was the only answer I could think of but there was so much more I could say. Over the few weeks, I had begun to feel more mushy feelings even I wasn't used to. Maybe it was because he's so mysterious or my caring instincts but I felt like I needed to help him more the more he pushed me away.

"I feel like I need to help you... I want to help you and I don't want to see you hurt," the words fell from my mouth with little to no warning. He continues to eye me, deciding what to do.

"You're not telling the whole truth," I roll my eyes lightly as I had been subject to this question a few times before.

"Well," I say unsure of how my next sentence will come out," when I see you hurt I feel like I'm hurt too, I care a lot about you Abbacchio." I had stood up to escape his gaze meandering around my desk.

"I care about you too, very much so," his words are surprising to me.

"Abbacchio," his name left me for unknown reasons as he continued.

"I don't know or understand why I care for you so much but I can't deny that strange feeling," he was facing away from me as he said that, still sitting on my bed. I walk around and gently place my hand on his shoulder causing him to look up at me. I sit next to him and I wrap my arms around his stiff form. He rests a hand against my upper arm, accepting my embrace.

"I don't want to see you hurt... I love you Abbacchio," I say abruptly, feeling a stiffening reaction. He loosened up and brings his other arm around me.

"I think I love you too," he says still looking away. I look up into his tinted cheeks and our eyes meet. Energy filled the room as our lips met for just that brief moment.

1241 words

The stand is a reference to the song Keep Yourself Alive by Queen, my favorite band.