Diavolo - let me hold you

This has some light spoilers for the part five villain, Diavolo but nothing major. Also, this isn't my art and there was no credit, I just found it on google.

Everyone knew Doppio and I. We've been together for ten years, married for six. But, they didn't know about Diavolo. It's been hard dealing with his split personality, but I've learned how to deal with both of them and each of their little quirks. Doppio taking calls on things that aren't phones (my hand included many times) and Diavolo's hard exterior. Though I still deal with opening up Diavolo quite a bit.

Doppio was a sweetheart and loved cuddling and being cuddled and all of the lovey-dovey affectionate things. Diavolo was quite different. He showed his love differently; he wanted to protect me and hold me. He has always been extremely protective of me which I didn't completely mind. But, I always wanted to cuddle him.

After a long day of getting groceries and Diavolo doing copious amounts of paperwork and assigning missions to capos, I got him to leave his work long enough to sleep. After the changing of clothes and settling in he protectively wraps his strong arms around me like normal the thought forces itself to the front of my mind. I look up into his strong, black irises.

"Let me hold you," a rare emotion crosses his face. He's hesitant. It's understandable; what major gang lord wouldn't have trust issues. Doppio was very different because he trusted me with his life after about six months into our relationship. Diavolo was obviously trying to trust me, I'm the person he trusts most in the entire world even though he still has plenty far to go. The hesitation and tenseness haven't left his body.

"Please, you know you can trust me," I know that he knows that I have no ill will behind this action. All he has to do is accept. He suspiciously grumbled, most likely too tired to give a proper answer, and shifted lower. I gently place his head on my chest like he has done to me many times and what I've done with Doppio many times. After a few minutes of Diavolo finally relaxing while I lazily play with his bright hair.

"I understand why my Doppio likes to do this with you so much," he says once he finally nestled into me.

"Why," I press him curious for his answer.

"Your chest is really comfortable and soft," he candidly responds. All I can do is sigh and chuckle while I still stroke his hair. It's very easy to forget that Diavolo, the most powerful gang leader in Italy, still enjoys the small things. Or, maybe not so small.

429 words

Sorry if Diavolo is a little OOC. I haven't read all of part five but I love his character so much and I had this idea. And, this book has been #1 in the Diavolo tag for a while with no Diavolo story so you know. I might write a Doppio story soon cause that one cute little boy.