Kira Yoshikage - a real quiet life

Not a blond Kira moment, but I'll make one just for him. But for now, enjoy that married lifestyle.

I married Kosaku three years ago and it had been smooth sailing the whole time, but not very exciting. The one thing our relationship lacked was... love from his side. But, one day he started acting differently. He held more conversations with me and cared about what I said. He never held much of a conversation the entire time I knew him. He even leaned down for me to kiss him on the cheek before he went to work. He was even having fun sometimes. He had never done that. He was becoming more and more lovable. I always wondered what went on in his head, but now I was wondering for different reasons.

~

Why am I feeling like this all of a sudden? She's not my wife and I've never felt this way towards another person. At least another living person. Yes, her hands are soft, delicate, and well manicured, but it was her personality that I was so entranced with. Every morning she helped me get ready in any way she could and when I returned home she would support me if I had a stressful day. She showed her kindness in every way through a warm hug, soothing words, or a delicious meal her love seeped in it all. And, how caring she was with Hayato. She is the beacon of motherly love and even made me start to love him like he was my own flesh and blood.

There are two memories that stick out when I think of her. Hayato always came home about fifteen minutes before I did and I would always come home to him at the table eating an after-school snack. But, when I was walking up to the door I could hear music and laughter. I open the door and saw her holding him and dancing around while the radio played one of their favorite songs. I just watched them spin around and giggle while I took my shoes off until Hayato noticed my presence.

"Mom look, dads home," he points at me gaining her attention as well.

"Hi sweetheart, how was work," she says as she walks over to me with Hayato still in her arms and kisses my cheek. She leans back and the smile on her face breaks my normally stoic facade with a smile of my own.

"Better now that I get to see you two."

Why did that smile compel me to say that? Before I can even comprehend what I've said the two have their arms around me. She rests her head against my chest and before my conscious knows my arms naturally wrapped around them. It felt like time slowed down. A war in my brain started. Why do I feel like this? She's not my wife, he's not my son, and this isn't really my life. So why do I feel like this towards both of them?

After dinner, we all started to prepare for bed and I got to ponder on my feelings. I looked like I was reading a book, but in reality, I hadn't turned a page in ten minutes. I had slowly come to the realization that this was my life now and they were my wife and son. I then realized that this was my chance at a quiet life. I thought about my old girlfriends and what I would do about them. Until (y/n) walked in after putting Hayato to bed. It finally clicked in my head that I had her and didn't need the dismembered hands now that I have all of her. I close my book and turn off my bedside lamp. I look over and see that she's already doing the same and getting comfy.

"Good night sweetheart," she says with a tired smile on her face.

"Come here," I open my arms to her. I never had cuddled with a whole person before and we hadn't been very close before. She muttered an 'ok' before nestling in my chest. I rest my chin on the top of her head.

"I love you (y/n)."

I bury my nose in her hair and quickly press my lips on her head. She lets out a badly audible 'awwww' before she pressed a quick, sweet kiss to my collarbone.

"I love you too, Kosaku," she nestled even further before her breaths evened out and she was asleep.

The next memory happened later that night. I was asleep until I felt her get out of bed. My tired eyes slowly adjust and I see a crying Hayato in the cracked doorway. (y/n) is smoothing out his hair in a motherly way.

"I had a nightmare. Can I sleep with you guys," he gently sobs. (y/n) looks back at me to see my reaction and I scoot further to the side to try and make enough room.

"Of course sweetheart," she said while she picked him up and laid him next to me. I reach over and gently wipe one of his tears off his face before (y/n) lays back down with us. She places a hand on his head and gently strokes his hair until he falls asleep.

I look up to see her still awake and still stroking his hair. She must have noticed because she switched her gaze to me. She gently placed her hand into my messy bed head like she just was with Hayato. Her motherly touch nearly making me fall asleep. I fight the feeling of sleep and look to see her smiling face. Grabbing her hand, pressing a kiss to her palm, and holding it with Hayato between us we gaze at each other for a moment before my mouth moves faster than my brain.

"I love you two."

Her smile widens and she squeezes my hand. She even brought my hand up to her and pressed a gentle, loving kiss to my knuckles.

"I love you two, too."

~

I had been a few years after the day he seemed to change and the only way to describe that time is perfect. We all had a fun, quiet life together. I don't know what made him change, but now we're a happy family.

1040 words

Thanks for reading!