Josuke Higashikata - teenage nightmares

The warm summer day in Morioh had turned into a murky night. So I decided to get to my boyfriend, Josuke's, house to play video games and get out of the humidity. I knock on the door and his mother answers.

"Hi Mrs. Higashikata is Josuke home," I ask hoping the answer was yes.

"He left to get ice cream with Okuyasu about an hour ago, but he should be home soon. You can hang out in his room until he's back," she said before letting me into the house. I thank her, take my shoes off, and head to Josuke's room. About twenty minutes later I can hear the front door open and Okuyasu's loud voice saying goodbye to Josuke. I hear a series of loud, heavy footfalls coming up the stairs and a moment later Josuke enters. The look on his face told me that Mrs. Higashikata hadn't told him I was here. He lets out a dramatic sigh and shed his uniform jacket and threw himself on the bed next to me. I gently stroke the hair above his ear as to not mess up hid precious pompadour.

"When did you get here," he asked while wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my chest.

"About twenty minutes," I say while getting myself comfortable in this position. He raises his head to look into my face. He sighs again and raises one hand to my face.

"I love you... let's take a nap," he says. I giggle at his antics before answering, "I love you too and that sounds great." We turn off the lights and pull the blankets over us, but stay in the same position. We both fall asleep quite quickly; Josuke was out within a minute. 

~

I had to have been asleep for about an hour before I feel (y/n)'s chest moving my head at a faster rate. I wake up more and look up to see her face scrunched up. Her breathing was erratic and every few moments she would twitch. I finally realized she was having a nightmare when I heard struggled voice let out some unintelligible words. I let go of her waist and pull her towards me. I stroke the side of her face and gently shake her shoulder to try and wake her. After a moment it walked and her eyes flutter open with fear and worry front stage within them. She blinks rapidly and soon a tear rolls down her cheek. I feel my heart clench before I press her head into my chest and stroke her cheek. I see her chest gently rose and fall, a welcomed change from a few moments ago and she's back to sleep. I hold her tightly and fall back to sleep myself.

468 words

I think Josuke is my favorite Jojo and I just love the silly boy so much. Thanks for reading!