Okuyasu Nijimura - a talk with dad

Ever since the first time I met him in his mysterious house, I developed a soft stop for him. It could have been the oblivious attitude he showed. Or, it could have been having to witness the gruesome death of his brother. His only role model. In that moment, I saw him as a human being and not someone who had just tried to kill my friends and I. I saw him as someone who just lost the person closest to him. Seeing the pain and tears on his face compelled me to comfort him any way I could. I hugged his side since he was taller than me, but he soon pulled the rest of me into a bear hug while he cried on to my shoulder. I pat his back while we migrated back inside away from the sad scene. It seemed his father also developed a soft spot for me because when I entered with Okuyasu sobbing it seemed that he knew the reason immediately. I offered him a hug as well which he quickly accepted. Soon the weight of them both, mostly Okuyasu, got to me and I had to lower the bunch to sit on the floor. The amount of morning and pain showed between the two had made me start to cry. Both looked at me with concern and confusion glazing over their tears, not understanding why some stranger was crying with them over someone that just tried to kill her.

"I don't like watching people cry... quit staring at me," I sniffle out, earning a laugh from the Hawaiian shirt dad. I can only roll my eyes and hug them tighter while I hiccup from my own tears.

~

Josuke opened the door with a huff after just finishing his hair to see Okuyasu and I giggling and ready to start our commute to school. 

"What are you two dopes doing here," Josuke says even though he knows we're there to walk to school, he just wanted to call us dopes.

"We're here to get you to walk to school, duh," I say basically in a headlock from Okuyasu. Josuke lets out a signature eye roll and sigh combo before he walks back into his home to collect his books.

"See you later Ms. Higashikata," I yell into the house as we all leave.

"Goodbye Ms. Higashikata," yells Okuyasu before he turns to Josuke and tells him how hot his mom is.

"She is really pretty Josuke," I say to add fuel to the fire. Unfortunately, all we get is a shove and a buzz off thrown our way.

"How are you two already such good friends? You've known each other for two days," Josuke asks us while we walk.

"I spent most of the weekend helping spruce up Oku's house, we could have used some of your help, but I was too focused on painting I guess," I tell Josuke to try and answer his question. We arrive at school just before the morning bell, like usual. But, we make one quick plan to hang out after school before we were all late.

"What does margin even mean," Okuyasu ponders while we walk to his house to hang out for the afternoon.

"I don't know either and I don't really wanna talk about school outside of school," I say not to think about that stress anymore.

"Let's go get some ice cream," suggests Josuke earning a cheer from the two of us. We buy our ice cream before Josuke has a realization.

"I just remembered I have to help Jotaro with something and I can't hang out. I'll have to hang out some other time," Josuke reluctantly admits while he jogs in the other direction. Okuyasu and I yell goodbye while we continue down his street. We hang out for the day and just watch TV and play video games. The amount of time hanging out with Okuyasu has made my soft spot grow and maybe develop into something more.

~

As time went on Okuyasu and I hung out together more and more until it was almost everyday of the week. And, we grew closer and closer. It really only took about a week and a half before I knew I liked him. Even as far as saying... love him. But, I didn't have to dwell on that feeling for long before he confirmed his feelings as well.

"(y/n), do you wanna be my girlfriend" he asked out of the blue one day while we were hanging out and watching TV. And, of course, my dumbass was so engrossed in the movie I didn't hear him almost at all.

"What did you say Oku," I say tearing my eyes from the movie to see him closer than he was the last time I looked over at him. Which was an embarrassingly long time.

"I asked if you wanted to be my girlfriend," I look at him slack-jawed trying to see if he being genuine.

"O...of course. I would love to be your girlfriend Okuyasu," I was completely astonished that he actually shared my feelings. His signature childish smile graced his face while he pulls me into a big bear hug like the one he gave me the first day I met him. I stay there not wanting to leave his embrace and eventually fall asleep on him. While I was asleep, his father came down and saw what his son was doing. He quickly gave a smile and a grunt of approval.

~

"Do you think your dad could hold a pencil and write what he wants to say," I ask.

"I don't know, I've never tried that," he responds deep in thought of if that could work or not.

"Let's try when I hang out today," I say before closing my locker to go to my next class.
He waits for me outside of the school when I come out five minutes after the last bell.

"Ugh, Mr. Smith is on my ass about the paper again," I groan after being late from him asking me every question he could.

"It's ok babe, his still on my ass about the first thing he gave us," he says to try and make me feel better about the lecture I just got from the teacher.

"Let's go see if your dad can still write so I don't have to think about writing this paper," we giggle and he slings an arm over my shoulders while we walk back to his house. We had been dating three months at this point and I was basically a part of the family. We arrive and we see Okuyasu's dad bundled up in a blanket watching daytime TV and sipping a warm drink. I would say the cutest thing I've ever seen.

"Do you guys wanna order pizza," I ask getting two cheers of excitement. I pick up the phone and order the pizza while Oku sits next to his dad. I sit on the other side of the little deformed man and pull out a few different writing utensils and a notebook much to his confusion.

"Mr. Nijimura, I want to try and see if you can still write. Can you try and write something," the little man's eyes widen having never thought to try my idea when he hastily picks up a pencil and neatly writes 'I love you Okuyasu and (y/n), thank you.' My eyes immediately well up with tears at just what the first thing this man decided to say after years of silence. I look over to see Okuyasu in the same boat as me and hugging his small father. Both of them look at me and invite me into their hug while we all cry like the first day I met them.

Extra: It's been five years since I help Okuyasu communicate with his father and now we all live together as one true family ever since Oku and I got married a few months ago.

1337 words

Oh my god, I didn't expect this to come out like it did but I LOVE it. Okuyasus dad is also the cutest thing to exist thank you.