{chapter 14}

1679 words

APPREHENSION
noun
-fear that something bad or unpleasant will happen
-understanding

Saturday
18th February {pt.4}

"Truth or dare Yoongi" Hoseok said, almost tauntingly with a smile displayed on his lips.

"Dare" Yoongi smirked.

"Okay then. I dare you" Hoseok taunted, dragging out his vowels as he held eye contact with Yoongi "to confess a secret but it has to be a good one, nothing boring or you have to do another one and I get to judge"

"Sure but only if I get to chose who I tell"

"That's not fair, you can't change the dare" Jungkook interrupted.

"Let him Kook" Hoseok replied. His eyes were still set on Yoongi, his gaze not having wavered from him since he asked the dare except to briefly look at Jungkook.

Their strange behaviour confused me leading me to look to my side towards Yoongi. I shivered at the coolness of the hand that was placed on my shoulder, fingertips pressing lightly on my warm skin. The cool feeling spread through my body as I felt Yoongi gently pull me towards him.

He was now next to my ear and seemed to hesitate slightly before he leaned forward and whispered a soft "I like you Jiminie" that could only be heard by me. 

My eyes widened, finding their way back to those of the boy in front of me. The only emotion that seemed present in them was apprehension, barely any room was left for anything else. His eyes seemed to be drowning in that one overwhelming feeling. Only a few dim bursts of hope and admiration broke through, bringing a comforting softness to his eyes despite his fear.

The fear that was so blatantly shown in his face forced me to respond after a few moments of shock. "I like you too" I whispered, now close to him. Smiling at both the feeling of being able to say those words and the way his features relaxed upon hearing my response.

Any previous apprehension in his eyes faded, the hope in them no longer dim as bright, joyful emotions made themselves known. 

"I don't think you know how happy it makes me to hear that Jiminie," he said next to my ear, placing a soft kiss just behind my ear, his words and actions causing me to blush.

Soon his hands wrapped around mine, pulling me closer until I was sat on his lap with his head resting on my shoulder. This forced me to look out at everyone else. Before I found a certain excitement in them not knowing the words exchanged between me and yoongi, but after yoongis actions and the smirks on there faces I grew embarrassed. I quickly felt my cheeks heating up further as I buried my face in my hands.

"See didn't I tell y'all that something would happen with them tonight!" I could hear Taehyung say excitedly, he may not have been able to hear exactly what was said but I'm sure he could pretty much work it out, especially since Hoseok seemed so knowing before.

"That's not exactly difficult if you got us to play truth or dare" I mumbled in response, my hands still in front of my face making it more of a remark to myself. Yoongi grinning at me, hearing it due to our closeness.

"Don't be embarrassed Jiminie" Yoongi cooed. He moved my hands away from my face and kept them securely in his own. I let our hands rest there as I leant into the soft fabric of his jacket, choosing to stay in his arms and enjoy our closeness.

"Well from the way your acting I'm guessing it wasn't a boring secret so you're off the hook" Hoesok commented smugly. I glared at him, tempted to stick my tongue out despite how childish it was.