Chapter One - Something New

I laid in bed wrapped up in my duvet. I heard a tapping noise on my window. I ignored it, and then once again, I hesitated to peep through the curtains.

I grinned to find to my delight, a blue police box stood in my garden, a familiar tall man stood outside with a brown suit and converse, he gestured his head and went into his time machine.

I leapt out of bed and hurried downstairs, in only my baggy t shirt and checked red bottoms I ran out bare foot.

I crashed through the blue doors, to my amazement of the reality of my dreams coming true. I stood in what seemed a 'bigger on the inside' space ship, it was perfect.

He turned round to greet me with an adventurous glimmer in his brown eyes, "All of time and space, where do you want to go?"

I smiled happily, nearly close to tears. He circled round the control panel, I followed him eagerly, "Anyway, I'm so glad you're real! I won't have to worry about college anymore or getting a job or settling down-"

He interrupted with a cynical laugh, "Nah forget about it, all that human stuff is all very boring and so.... Human!! You're my companion now." He reassured me as he pulled several leavers and pressed some random buttons.

I held on the nearby railings as the place shook and send me flying about, he caught my eye as the ship came to a mighty halt.

 "I know, how about the seventh planet in the Northern Galaxy, it's made off candy floss and marshmallows!!" The strange man told me at last, as I couldn't contain my curiosity no more.

I let out a giddy giggle as he took hold of my hand and opened the doors to reveal a sweet paradise before my eyes.

I was awoken by the sound of someone banging on the door, I was brought back to reality as I looked up to the clock, it read '7.10'.

"I was so close..." I quietly whimpered as I rolled out of bed.

"Wake up snorey Audrey!" My mum called from outside my room.

I sighed as I began getting changed, it so very tragic my heart sank as I dragged myself downstairs.

To be greeted by my overly happily mother, Veronica whose mood seemed to change with the weather and Penny who lazed on the coach watching 'Ugly Betty' which would usually distract us from getting ready ourselves.

I always felt a heavy weight lean over my head and a burning behind my eyes first thing in the morning, which usually made it almost impossible to wake up in the morning. This was mainly due to never feeling refreshed or feeling I've had any sleep at all, was one of the wonderful pleasures of having Narcolepsy.

Nope I don't suddenly fall flat on my face snoring on the ground; only those who have it severely do that. Yet I only feel mainly heavy eyed and if I am in a comfy place, sometimes I lay on my bed and I get comfortable, thinking, "Don't go to sleep, don't-"

Then I wake up in a dark room and find out that I'd been a sleep for almost 3 hours.

An unusual place which I have a habit of falling asleep in is when I'm in a quiet bathroom sat in a warm toasty bath then yes maybe... I have done this a number of times, so I usually remember to keep the radio playing upbeat loud music.

My parents have only just realised the consequences of me falling asleep in the bath, so when I don't come out the bathroom for a while, they knock on the door and worry that I've drowned.

Also another place where I may feel sleepy, maybe in a quiet place or where nothing much is happening, such as a boring History lesson that lasts 2 hours or a long bus journey, yes this isn't especially convenient when all your classmates are staring at you and the teacher thinks you've been up all night out with your friends or just lazy.